"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. voyagergrl3193

voyagergrl3193 Lieutenant Red Shirt

This show is one of my favorite shows on TV now, besides NCIS. I also loved the first episode as well. Last year's finale really had me going oh crap because I thought that Beckett was done for! I was excited, yet shocked to learn that Castle won a People's Choice Award for best crime show and Nathan Fillion won for best actor in a drama. :D His speech made me laugh histerically. :)

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^ I just googled that speech. Nice ending!

As to the whole "Caskett" thing, all I can say is... :thumbdown:

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

What i especially liked that he gave so much credit to the simple workers on any production.. the guys who put up the sets, make the food, clean up afterwards.. invaluable people to any show who get paid a fraction what the main stars get.

That was a class act of him and reinforces my view of him as a decent guy who'd be great to hang out with.. i envy his friends a little to have such a great guy in their group (though my circle of friends has me to fill in the Fillion spot :lol:)

4. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I presume Castle is the well placed Pawn to take down the King in the end. Given that the Mayor isn't the King I wounder who is.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably someone we haven't seen yet. It's possible Kate is the well placed pawn as well given that at the very centre of this conspiracy is her mother's murder. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever is manipulating events would consider her a pawn as well.

6. Admiral_Young

I just saw the promo for tomorrow's episode...Nana Visitor time! She looks great and it looks like a light-hearted comedic type episode.

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

man that's great news she's been busy of late being on grimm.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Good episode tonight though I figured it was Justin Hartley's character as soon as they accused Kay Cappuchio (who was pretty much playing Kim Kardashian). Hilarie Burton did a good job playing the empty headed Kay and the more vulnerable side of her. Plus she looked real nice. :drool:

Promotional pics for next week's episode Looks like fun.

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah next week's episode seems to be what the cast photo for this season was taken from. I had no idea this episode had so many awesome guest stars. Will be catching it in a bit.

10. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Soon as he appeared on screen I knew it was him and the biggest problem with Castle and shows like it (Bones, CSI etc) is sometimes they cast people who are known which generally means they are the killer.

11. Admiral_Young

Isn't one of the points of hiring "famous" guest stars to get that extra hook of them being in the show? It's not like they would be playing any other role on the show.

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

That was the point of Columbo, btw.

13. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

That guy was famous? I had no clue he was somebody.

14. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stana's looking kind of ragged these days. Her hair was awful!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  15. Admiral_Young

@Forbin I did put "famous" in quotes (as I just did again) the word being a subjective term in this case but I was meaning general famous actors who guest star. CW fans would certainly know Justin Hartley from "Smallville" where he played Ollie Queen (Green Arrow) Hillarie Burton was a long time cast member and co-star on "One Tree Hill". I think Stana has looked absolutely fantastic the last few episodes myself. I still haven't seen last night's episode so I can't comment.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I agree -- Hartley's only "famous" to that rather small segment of the viewing audience that watched Smallville. I wouldn't say he's more famous than Hilarie Burton (who's currently a regular on White Collar) or Nana Visitor. So it wasn't a given that he'd be the killer.

However, I did figure out he was the killer as soon as it was revealed that the dog was reacting to the poppy-seed perfume. I remembered that he was sitting next to Kay when she sprayed the fragrance. (Although, granted, I remembered that because I recognized Hartley from Smallville.)

They were having fun with the character names here -- Kay Capuccio (Ca-Pooch-io) and Dr. Barker.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Fun ep... and damn Burton looked good. ;)

18. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, with Nana Visitor's appearance, what does that bring our Trek alumni count to? Just this season we've had Visitor, Michael Dorn, and Penny Johnson Jerald. I think Robert Picardo and Ethan Phillips also appeared in prior seasons. Who should be next?

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

She looked great in the previous episode. I think it was her hairstyle this week. I didn't care for it at all.

20. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is the perfect show for Shatner. I'd love to see Nathan and Shatner try to out smug each other.

I loved last night's episode by the way. I know they've already had Fred Willard on, but it would have been great to have him as an announcer at the dog show, even if it was just a cameo.