Favorite non-canon ship

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by E-DUB, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. EmperorTiberius

EmperorTiberius Captain Captain

But this one is kind of canon Mr. Probert! :p

4. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite non-canon design is the Yorktown class from Star Trek: Legacy. I just love the heavy-duty warships.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I forgot about that one! An all-time classic fan design (covered from head to toe in Ships of the Star Fleet, volume 2), which made it's way into the licenced Star Trek Legacy videogame. I suspect she influenced the NX-01's design, as well as ENT's "half saucer" Intrepid-type.

6. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

I love the little Sagittarius-class from Star Trek: Vanguard, but ultimately, my favourite is Mark Rademaker's as yet unfinished Theophrastus-class USS Demeter for Project: Full Circle.

7. Hawkke

Hawkke Ensign Red Shirt

Oddly enough I really liked the Ent F from STO the Odyssey Class is actually pretty true to the constitution design lineage. Also add another vote for the Vesta Class.

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Well... we're only seeing her from the side. Who says there couldn't be TWO nacelles side-by-side up there? ;)

(Yeah, I know - the book says it. But who cares? :D )

9. Clark Terrell

Clark Terrell Lieutenant Commander

What I think might be interesting is having a ship that deploys its nacelles before going to warp but otherwise keeps them concealed beneath additional hull plating, sort of analogous to X-wing fighters changing their configuration before an attack.

10. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe the nacelles have "pair-wise warp coils" like they were described for the Freedom Class or the Niagara Class or even the All Good Things Enterprise D Refit

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, if it's any help the top nacelle gets blown off by Klingons almost as soon as the ship is introduced.

12. Clark Terrell

Clark Terrell Lieutenant Commander

Reminds me of the Millennium Falcon losing its satellite dish in Return of the Jedi while traversing the Death Star superstructure.

13. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Enterprise from Abrams' Star Trek '09.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That IS canon.

15. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Luna class from the Star Trek: Titan novels.

17. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Alright, I'm quite certain that some people here at the BBS insist that this is the appropriate thread to post, after the other two (TNG & Fan Art) have been closed. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I still insist that "Redemption II" qualifies as a premise change which relocated "Yesterday's Enterprise" into a "parallel universe" (quote David Carson, 2008) and thus restored the authenticity of the conference lounge sculpture wall of the Enterprise-D which featured Andrew Probert's original Enterprise-C:

[​IMG]

Trek BBS Source: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=238963

So here is my favorite "previously not prominently featured on TNG" starship from yet another interesting angle. :)

Bob

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

My God, will you let it go? You seem to bring it up in every thread you participate in at this point. :rolleyes:

Nice looking ship and definitely non-canon since it never appeared on-screen.

19. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Apparently I missed something (havenĀ“t been very active at the BBS recently) but how is Andrew ProbertĀ“s design not canon? It has been part of that sculpture wall in the briefing lounge of the Enterprise-D until they changed the wall with the beginning of season five. Sure, it was a rather crude model and not fleshed out as perfectly as the CGI model above, but still it was on screen for four years and is thus part of on-screen canon!

Mario

20. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

Welcome to the "happy few" (where both Enterprises-C are canon, once you accept "Redemption II" as a premise change enabling us to have cake and eat it, too). :)

You can read in the corresponding TNG thread and the corresponding Fan Art thread that there are several BBS members that doubt the authenticity (and therefore canon value) of the golden wall sculptures aboard the Enterprise-D. It's really worth to read how some people try to discredit something that is so obvious and shouldn't require additional explanations, IMHO.

@BillJ

Was that another approach not to talk about the issue? The one thing that was obvious in the two aforementioned threads was that some fans apparently thought they could tell others what to talk about and what not. And in the Fan Art thread some guys, other than the OP (!), even asked the moderator to close the thread. :wtf:

Actually, I visited yesterday the "Fan Productions" section and noticed that on 03-26-14 the above CGI image had been posted. Since the corresponding Fan Art thread was closed a day later and the Enterprise-C had become a forbidden subject, I wondered where I could share this nice CGI image. I then realized that this thread was the perfect option, especially considering how you and a few others feel about the subject (but obviously that's still not good enough :rolleyes:).

Bob