Much love to Kes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by laika, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

No, Foulplay is how Chickens and Turkeys (and Owls) begin a sex act :rolleyes:

;):guffaw:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One gibletjob and your marked forever as a pervert.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I didn't create that one! :lol:

What I have heard , Jennifer was very depressed during the filming of "The Gift" and the other actors weren't happy over the situation either. If she "left of her own free will", the atmosphere during the filming would have been different.

4. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because I have a broad sense of humor

IMO, I don't know if I would call Kes' stories good because I don't feel they advanced the character in the way that they should. For example, I think "Elogium" falls apart because it begins to focus too much on the sci-fi aspect instead of tackling the more serious issue of teen pregnancy. I will however say, when Lien was given a script that focused on her character she stepped up and though her acting elevated a lackluster story to a better one. It's why I enjoy eps. like "Coldfire", "Before & After" and even "Fury" because they allowed Lien stretch her legs as an actress by stepping outside the limited boundaries of Kes' usual personality and display a broader range as an actress. Sweet and innocent was ok but I wanted to see what Lien as an actress could bring to the role and why she won the role out of all those that tried out for the part. The unfortunate part was those moments for her were few and far in between.

I know you're not a mind reader but as her fan, you know a bit about her personality.

If I could walk in Lien's shoes and empathize with her being the shy private person she was at the time, I don't think I'd be emotionally ready to speak to the press or to the public about being let go from my job. Lien in interviews speaks very little, in front of the public she barely gets out two words due to fright. I really don't think she had it in her to speak on something that was very private. Could you seriously go in front of a room full of fans or to the press about being let go from your job if you were depressed about it?

I doubt that very much honestly.
    Even if they gave her a party, it's never a joyous occasion have to say good-bye to anyone regardless of how it went down. Yiou don't work with people for 14 to 16 hours a day for 3 years and not feel something for them. If ANYBODY from the cast had to go, the atmosphere would have been the same. The scene in "The Gift" were Mulgrew and Lien are saying farewell, those tears in their eyes are real.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes because teens are always begging older men to impregnate them :lol:

6. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

People working for Romney call it "an act of God".
    Jerry Lee Lewis calls them "wife" and Roman Polanski calls them a date. If you're the President, you call her "Monica" :p