no delta pattern on red shirts?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Oct 12, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Something I just noticed. In ST'09 the gold, blue and red uniform shirts had tiny Starfleet deltas printed all over them, but in Into Darkness the red shirts do not.

Even weirder, I recall Simon Pegg tweeting a pic of his shirt sleeve on the last day of filming and it had the pattern... which makes me wonder if they perhaps removed them with CG in post production?

This has been bizarre nitpicky post #26304 ...

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Why waste the material on Red Shirts? ;)

3. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Don't like the delta patterns anyway every superhero costume has some odd under armour texture
    Prob the red color maybe the delta patterns didn't come off well on film

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The pattern is there on Scotty's uniform when he's yelling about the torpedoes, but only visible when the camera gets closer to him.

Same with Chekhov's redshirt.

The pattern doesn't stand out as much as it does on the gold & blue.

Hard to tell with other redshirts as the camera doesn't get close enough to any I can see scanning through the film.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't make them out on the DVD, but I did in '09. I wonder if the shade of red is slightly different? Or maybe the lighting has been altered?

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Here's a couple from the blu-ray. It seems the red doesn't have the same contrast as the blue and especially the gold.

And of course they generally don't focus on a redshirt unless it's the chief engineer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]