Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

now, that's ACTUALLY looks like it'd be awesome in 3D...

2. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Wow. That's the first trailer for this that actually looks really cool. The Spidey scenes look pretty great and quite different from the Raimi movies.

2012 looks like a great year for superhero movies.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Okay, I'm finally intrigued.

4. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

‎"you've found my weakness! it's small knives!" LMFAO!!!

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

IIRC it's filmed in 3D as well, not just converted.

Loved this new trailer. I reckon I'm going to enjoy this more than Avengers.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

In my case not only did both trailers play but one was right after the other one.

Yay, Spider-Man makes quips in this one.

7. trekkiebaggio

So how's this for a trilogy - 1. Lizard, hint at Green Goblin. 2 Green Goblin, introduce MJ, kill off Gwen. 3. Venom.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Looks, well, amazing!

9. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

I would hope for villains that hadn't been done. Although there really aren't that many that wouldn't seem jokey or derivative. Scorpion is just Doc Oc with one tentacle.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

If only they could do Mysterio!

11. trekkiebaggio

^I would freaking LOVE Mysterio. I don't see it happening though :(. I could see Spidey becoming mainstream and getting a movie deal, but somehow he causes a special effects man to lose his job :lol:

In principle I don't want rehashed villains (I also think Electro would work really well on the big screen, visually at least), but Green Goblin is the major one, and Oscorp is in this film. Seeing as this is a 'darker' take Venom could be done justice. Unlike most I quite like Spider-Man 3, but it was a bit unfocused.

I would have loved to see a film with Kraven in the mix as well as The Lizard (not as an origin story though).

12. Captaindemotion

I think Green Goblin is a bit like The Joker, every incarnation of Spider-man should have him. But as he's been done so recently (and so well, IMHO), I think they're wise to let him have a rest in this series and not bring him in until a second or third movie - much like how there was no Joker in Batman Begins and in how Lex Luthor appears to be absent from Man of Steel.

13. trekkiebaggio

Yeah, my friend said they might not do Goblin and Venom because it's recent, but if Venom was in a third film it'll have been about ten years since the other SM3.

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I don't have any real desire to see Green Goblin on screen again. He might be one of the more "iconic" Spidey villains, but he's still pretty damn ridiculous and annoying.

15. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Spider-Man still has so many villains like Kraven, or Mysterio, or the Vulture, etc. that haven't been done. I would much prefer we march onward, and not feel the need to go back to standbys like Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus even if they are his more iconic enemies. Spider-Man's rogues gallery is really only rivaled by Batman's.

16. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i want Spidey to fight the Sinister Six goddamnit.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that was a good trailer. It looks like Spidey will make funnies now (yes!). :lol:

18. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

It's likely they can't use Kingpin even though he was originally a Spidey foe?

19. Captaindemotion

^ Yes. For movie purposes Kingpin and Daredevil are owned by Fox, who are apparently rebooting that franchise, with a movie directed by David Slade. Spidey belongs to Sony and Columbia. So unless some trade-off or loan can be arranged, no Kingpin for the webslinger. That's also the reason why Ben Urich didn't work for the Daily Bugle in the Ben Affleck DD movie.

20. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I like the Green Goblin and Doc Ock as characters, I really see no reason to revisit them in this rebooted franchise because there are other characters in Spidey's rogues gallery that can fill the same basic roles, mythologically and in terms of their impact on Peter's psyche, that those two particular characters do. Here are some villains that I'd like to see used:
    * Hobgoblin
    * Lady Octopus
    * Hydro-Man
    * The Vulture
    * Mysterio

I'd also like to see them use Black Cat, but as an out-and-out villain rather than as an anti-hero, and bring in a female version of Carnage.