Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 22, 2009.

1. TV Lowdown

TV Lowdown Ensign Red Shirt

I remember reading a rumour about an idea for an episode of Pushing Daisies that would see Ned and Chuck investigating the case of a young woman who had committed a murder on the orders of a talking wax lion model.

Obviously the crossover would have been Wonderfalls/Pushing Daisies (both created by Bryan Fuller) with Caroline Dhavernas guest starring.

The only slight issue could be Jaye thinking that Ned looked a hell of a lot like her brother...

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

:p
    Tom Selleck is, of course, still around and acting. Maybe a story line about Magnum's involvement with Project Pheonix during his time in Vietnam. Because it's probably still classified Thomas Magnum isn't completely forthcoming at first, Special Agent Gibbs gets in his faces, but it just bounces off Magnum. It writes itself.

3. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

I would totally want to read/watch that Doctor Who/Star Trek crossover. Sounds brill.

I love that idea of using various Catherine Tate characters on Doctor Who... HAHAHA. The sketch with David Tennant playing Lauren's teacher was a masterpiece.

Joy

4. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I would have loved to see that. Who knows? If the "Pushing Daisies" comic book goes forward and does well maybe an issue can cross over "Wonderfalls" into the universe again.

5. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know I totally forgot that NCIS was a spinoff of JAG and a Bellasario show. So I guess there's still hope. Seriously I can't believe they never thought of doing that on JAG. It wasn't like Selleck was adverse to doing TV or reprising his Magnum role, so I'm guessing it was either a money or legal issue that prevented it.

6. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^I think JAG & NCIS are owned by CBS while Magnum P.I. is owned by Universal.

I had an idea for an Early Edition/Wonderfalls crossover. Gary Hobson is on vacation visiting Niagara Falls. Due to something one of the talking animals told her to do, Jaye Tyler accidentally gets Gary injured and laid up in the hospital for a few days. While Gary is out of commission, Jaye now has to deal with both the talking animals and Gary's future newspaper.

When Bryan Fuller was a writer on Heroes, someone suggested that Jaye Tyler's thing was some kind of superpower.

7. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

^Yeah, I think Magnum is owned by universal which is why the show Las Vegas was able to do their Magnum reunion show a couple years ago.

They didn't actually name the characters...but c'mon...it was super strongly implied.

8. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

All of these are AU, of course.

Battlestar Galactica/Kings: The barely living remnants of the fleet -- for instance, Kara, Lee, Baltar, the Final Five and the "good" skinjobs -- land in Gilboa. Everything goes great at first, until the allied Cylons and representatives of King Silas' regime come to blows over who God's "chosen" people really are. War begins...

The Prisoner/Lost: Would have been amazing if McGoohan were alive still. In any event, in season 3, instead of taking Locke to the cabin, Ben takes him to an area covered in foliage and muck, clearly hidden by years of poor care...or years of wanting to be hidden. Ben confesses to Locke he made up the name Jacob to hide the identity of the great man he truly serves. No one, not even Tom or Richard, will ever truly know who leads The Others. Ben, finding an intercom on the structure, presses it. We begin to see the shape of the building and recognize it as a sort of green dome.
    Ben: Sir, it's Linus. We're here to see you.
    A crackly, older voice on the other end: We?
    Ben: Yes, sir, I have John Locke with me.
    There is a buzz. The doors open. Led by a small butler, Ben and Locke find their way through a hallway into a main room, a circular, robotic chair facing away from them. It begins to slowly turn.
    Locke: Ben, what's going on? Where am I?
    The chair has fully turned now. Seated in it is now an old, broken Number Six, wearing a Village pin with an unidentifiable number on it.
    Six: In the Village.
    Locke: What? Ben, who is this? What is this place?
    Six: Linus, take your leave of us for now. The Butler will serve you tea in the foyer.
    Ben, concerned: Thank you, sir.
    Ben and The Butler exit.
    Locke: What's going on here? What do you want with me?
    Six: Information.
    Locke: In...information? About who? The Others? The Survivors? Something else? Whose side? Who are you really? Whose side are you on?
    Six: That would be telling. We want information. Information. Information.
    Locke: I can't trust you. I don't even know you. I won't let anyone get hurt. Not here, not now, not ever again. The Island speaks to me! I have to do what's best for it. This information you want? You won't get it!
    Six: We will. By hook or by crook, we will.
    Locke: Who...what's going on here? Who are you in all of this? What's Ben got to do with this? What's his part?
    Six: The New Number Two.
    Locke: Number Two? What--who...who's Number One?
    Six: You are Number Six.
    Locke: I'm not a number. I'm a person. Don't tell me what I am. Ever.
    Six: Haha. Hahaha. Hahahahahaha.
    Maniacal laughter continues and is drowned out by BOOM - Lost, and then a slight hint of the old Prisoner theme...

Yeah, THERE'S your game-changing twist. Eat it, flashforwards.

You heard me.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or perhaps Kings is a prequel, set on Kobol (or one of the colonies). Did they ever actually say the name "Earth" in all of Kings?

10. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

That works too. Hmm...Kobol before the fall definitely works. I dig. I dig.

If they did, it could also be on Earth 1.0, where Xena was left to die.

11. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Eleventh Hour was still around (the U.S. version), a crossover with Fringe would have been cool. Dr. Hood and Rachel are investigating what seems to be one of their usual scientific mysteries, perhaps involving some strange human mutation or somesuch, but it turns out it's part of The Pattern, and they're joined by Fringe Division to solve (or not) the bizarre case. Hood & Walter would make an interesting pair. :D

Rachel: I didn't know we had a "Fringe Division".
    Hood: It's classified.
    Rachel: Then how do you know about it?
    Hood: I don't.

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Knight Rider and Airwolf.

Better yet, Knight Rider and Knight Boat.

13. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    At some point on Grey's Anatomy, Isabel should manifest her alien powers.

Also, from the most popular series in the Misc. forum, I think MadBaggins should take his cousin-loving action to prime time! I'm not sure on what series. A prime time soap opera like Grey's Anatomy might be the most versatile forum for him. But the only show where I think viewers would really buy it is Supernatural, where he & Thames seduce the Winchester brothers. Or maybe he should just start "not stalking" Tila Tequila. Or maybe he appears on The Guild, where Zabu says, "Dude, even I think you need to get a life!"

14. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have loved to see a DS9/TNG crossover, during TNG's seventh season. I'm suprised they never did one. It could have been a big two hour epic. There were a few comic book crossover stories.

15. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Well, there were some crossovers technically, although never a large scale one. There was one episode in season six of TNG that took place on DS9 and featured Bashir. Quark appeared on TNG once as well. And of course, several TNG characters appeared on DS9.

I know that's not what you mean though. What do you think would've been the big plot?

16. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably something dealing with the cardassians, or the enterprise sent into the gamma quadrant for some high profile mission, bringing along the DS9 crew.

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

They contemplated a crossover for the penultimate episode of TNG, but then they were able to get Michelle Forbes back for a one-shot appearance.

18. Zachary Smith

Zachary Smith Vice Admiral Admiral

"The Rat Patrol" crossed over with "The Flying Nun".

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Hogans Heroes/McHale's Navy. (taking place in the later seasons of McHale, when the PT-73 was based in Italy)

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

A Hogans Heros/Deep Space Nine cross over, it take place in in one of those Cardassian prison camps, run by the insidious Dul Klink!