Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

If you are new, pop in to this thread, say hello and introduce yourself :) We happy to have new members to our little community. Or if you pop in here on occassion and haven't had the chance to introduce yourself, feel free to do so here.

On behalf of the regulars and the moderators, welcome to the forum and the TrekBBS :D

2. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Captain Captain

Hey everyone :)

I just joined yesterday so this thread is very timely for me. I finally decided to start posting after lurking for a while :D glad to be here! Thanks for the welcome :)

Captain Nemo and Ziyal's Ghost like this.
  3. Caprica_Six

Glad to have you here SpiderQueen :D

Ziyal's Ghost likes this.
  4. SpiderQueen

Thanks insert name here :)
    I'd like to introduce myself properly now that I can think of something to say :D

I'm a student and have loved Voyager ever since it started. It's the only Trek series I really got into, probably because of Janeway. She really inspired me as an impressionable young girl :D Anyway, VOY quickly became one of my favourite things to watch and now I own the DVDs so I can see it whenever I want :)

5. Belanna

Belanna Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome to the Voyager family, SQ!

:)

Captain Nemo likes this.
  6. Ohappydagger

Ohappydagger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome SpiderQueen! Love the handle. I also like your sig. :lol:

7. empty

empty Captain Captain

Alright, here's another one who just signed up yesterday... Having lived abroad for a while I haven't seen too much of Voyager yet except a couple of ones syndicated by one (one!) Russian translator... but I hope to change that soon with the DVDs and all. In any case, I'll be around for a while.

8. Caprica_Six

Good to have you on board Captain Proton :D

9. SpiderQueen

Thanks guys :D

hello fellow newbie Captain Proton! :)

10. maquishunter

maquishunter Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I will comply. I've been 'lurking' around this forum occasionally since October. It was in a post here that I was tipped off to fan-fiction. (I began watching Voy in September and saw End Game last week.) I watched the last five seasons while reading Fan Fic at the same time. A few weeks ago I started writing fic and decided to login in here to pick your brains on the temporal prime directive. I like this forum, found it insightful and entertaining, though I seldom have the guts to post.

11. Belanna

Welcome to the family Maquis :)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I'am fairly new, I wasn't real positive in the begining after enjoying "TNG" so much, but I am glad my boyfriend decided to go next with "Voyager", were in Season 2, and of course I looked into the series line-up and find I have quite a while before reaching the "Q"...but it's woth it...thanks :eek:

13. Caprica_Six

Welcome maquishunter and Miss Q :D

14. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the madness that is the TrekBBS, SpiderQueen, Captain Proton, maquishunter , and Miss Q !

15. Belanna

welcome Miss Q :)

16. paxstartrek

paxstartrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello sweethearts,
    we always need support here. Nice to read you.

Klaa2 likes this.
  17. Guest

Guest Guest

Now, that I've switched from lurking to actually speaking out in this forum, the first thing i should say is,

Hi, everybody!

Anyway, as it is customary to introduce oneself, here we go. I'm a girl who pretty much grew up with Voyager, so it's not surprising that I'm particularly fond of the series. And, now, that I'm catching it in reruns, I'm discovering new dimensions to it, and I'm looking forward to exchange opinions with you guys! :)

18. Caprica_Six

Welcome philosopher I hope you enjoy the forum :D

19. James Bond

James Bond Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find that a lot too. I recently caught Relativity in reruns. I'm not sure if I saw a whole bunch of new dimensions to it exactly. I did see how Seven of Nine went through a lot to save her crew; showing that she does care and that she's attached to them. I never really gave it that much thought when I first saw it. Also, I did enjoy it as much as the first time I watched it (if not more)!

P.S. Welcome to The Barge of the Dead!! (a.k.a the TrekBBS) :D

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Hello forum. My name is 1001001, and I'm a VOY-aholic.

It started innocently enough. Watching the show weekly during it's first run. But then I started looking forward to it more and more. Soon, I was watching reruns of episodes I had just seen six weeks before.

Well, you all know how these stories go. Before I knew it, syndication came, and I was fixing every day. Taping episodes I already knew by heart, calling in sick for the two-parters. My wife said she was worried, but I told her to "LEAVE ME ALONE! IT'S MY LIFE!"

It wasn't long after that I was spending 3-4 hours a day on the internet, cruising Voyager sites wherever I could find them. Downloading wav files of "Resistance is futile!" and "Eat this or I'll shove it down the gullet of your corpse!". When I heard Janeway was in Star Trek: Nemesis, I found myself driving past video stores...that weren't on the way home...

Once I actually became a moderator of the Voyager Forum, I knew I had hit rock bottom. I lost my job, my family didn't recognize me. I was lying on the floor in a fetal position mumbling incoherently about tri-cobalt devices and ablative armor. Finally my family and friends had an intervention. As they typed in my resignation for me, erased my episode tapes, unplugged my computer, and dragged me away to get professional help, all I could do was just kept screaming "More time travel! More time travel!" over and over again.

Well, I'm happy to say that today, with the help of de-programming therapy and several serious medications, my life is manageable again. Voyager is no longer in syndication where I live, the J Team is dead, and my Janeway/Seven of Nine ornaments now only come out during the actual Christmas season. I'm much better now. I want you all to know there is hope. Life is good again. My family is back together, and my wife trusts me completely...

*Hey! Get away from that drawer!!! No, those are NOT Voyager DVD's!!! Who gave you permission to look in there?!?! LEAVE ME ALONE! IT'S MY LIFE!!!!!!!!*

:scream:

Tesophius and ArgyleTrekkie like this.