X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by StarTrek1701, May 31, 2011.

?

How Much Did You Enjoy X-MEN: FIRST CLASS?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2011.
  1. A+ (Great Movie!)

73 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. A (Entertained a lot!)

93 vote(s)
    45.4%
  3. B (Was okay, not bad)

30 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. C (Below expectations)

6 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. D (Very bad)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. F (Intolerable, want money back)

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Also Richard Nixon.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ His mutant power is the ability to control the super-sweat that emanates from his upper lip

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would think his mutant power is lying...oh wait that's probably what the reference to the upper lip was for.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not against Wolverine having a cameo, again, in First Class 2. If nothing else it continues to show a narrative, albeit loosely, of how things all tie together between the prequel(trilogy?), the original trilogy and the Wolverine films. Nothing wrong, imo, using Wolverine as the focus at times and periphery character as other mutant events are happening around him.

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Meh. Shoehorning him in to every single film shrinks the universe. of the X-Men films. He's not needed.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd rather not see the characters run into Wolverine again until he joins the team. That said, I wouldn't be against a cameo if they could find a way to do it without any of the team members, and have it make sense.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

At this point, they should just try to squeeze him into every single Marvel that ever gets made.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I won't lie, it would have been kinda neat to see Captain America working with Howlett/Logan during World War II. Darn pesky studio contracts and such! :p

9. Admiral_Young

Having Logan appear in First Class 2 would in my opinion undermine the cleverness of his cameo in the first movie. Again there is no reason to do this since "The Wolverine" will already be out supposedly before this comes out.

10. Set Harth

There's no reason to do it because Logan's story, as it stands now, involves no further interaction with the X-Men other than what we've already seen.

11. Admiral_Young

Uhh..then why did you bring him up in the first place?

12. Set Harth

I have foreseen this day...

13. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am in the minority for not liking Wolverine's cameo in the first movie. I'd much rather have a nod to someone else or see a young new mutant. We already met the elder Stryker at the CIA. It might be nice to have him tied into some evil government conspiracy.

I still can't think of a good sequel title. I'd rather simply have it go hehe rogue and just be called The Brotherhood of Mutants.

Interestingly, who would you not want to return?! I say Emma Frost and Angel most definately. I wouldn't mind having Havok and Banshee be there, so long as there was a new mutant or if they all had some development. The problem with the first one was too many tossed in mutants.

14. Admiral_Young

Emma Frost would have been better had she been portrayed by Alice Eve. Too bad she dropped out of talks. January Jones was decent but no where near the Emma I was expecting to see. As I said Singer said a few months ago that there will most likely be one more mutant character added. Obviously we do not know who that is yet. "The Brotherhood of Mutants" isn't a bad title. I liked Havok and wouldn't mind if Alex stuck around for one more film. Banshee didn't really think much of it either way. Angel is a non entity to me but kind of cool to see.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't mind January Jones, but I wouldn't really care if she didn't come back. Same goes for Angel. I think the only ones that I would miss if they didn't come back are the big characters who are pretty much guaranteed to come back.
    If they do decide to go into the '70s, they could do Dazzler. I've never actually encountered the character in any of the stuff I've seen and read, but I think the idea of a '70s rock star mutant could be alot of fun, if done well.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-5tMPInetg[/yt]

Funny, but true.

17. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

heh, that was pretty good

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

We have to decide right now on this beach, Who's with me!!

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, as much as I love the movie, they do kind of bring up alot of good points.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

First Class had one of the worst spoon-fed, forced endings a film could ever have.