When Things Were Rotten

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RJDiogenes, Jun 23, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Can't your computer play DVDs? Mine can't, since the drive is broken, but most can.

I still have six episodes to go. I can't wait to see the two-parter. I remember it as being especially good.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^It's a manufactured-on-demand DVD, and apparently those aren't playable on computer drives and recorders for some reason.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ And it said as much on the Amazon page, so it's some hella protection they put on there, to make a computer not even see the disc.

Still, it's just a matter of time before someone cracks it. It might be as simple as a new codec.

I'd love to get a screengrab to show how much Polic's sheriff looks like Tony Iommi.

4. Christopher

Have you tried just taking a photo of the TV screen with your camera? It won't have resolution as good as a screencap, but I've found it works okay.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Here's an article announcing the DVD release. Polic can be seen at upper left in the picture accompanying.

See also: here and here.

6. Christopher

Henry Polic II was the voice of the Scarecrow on Batman: The Animated Series. I knew him before that as a game show host in the '80s; he hosted Super Password and The New $25,000 Pyramid.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

It doesn't even see it? Weird. Now I'll have to bring it to somebody's house with a working drive so I can experiment. :rommie: