Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm at 302,000 right now from stipidends.

I'm mostly being chincy with it for fleet and stf gear purposes plus I kind of already dumped alot into fleet projects a few weeks ago.

I'll probably do some dilithium grinding this weekend and dump it in some projects.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Goal should be to see if we can kick at least one of the projects off. Spire T1 is the closest one...

3. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I took care of all the duty officer requirements, got two projects kicked off. Filled in some of the other items, except the two that required a LOT of seismic stabilizers and terraforming systems. So mostly just need fleet marks and dil for the rest of the projects. :)

4. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I liked the 'A Step Between Stars' episode. Rather fun. And the voice acting was very good as well.

5. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

I'll say one thing for the bonus weekend - it actually got me into the Battlezone a few times. My first attempt when S8 launched was a fairly negative experience - too few people running it to make much progress and the one time we did flip the zone, I couldn't locate the V-Rexes to tag any of them, so missed the rewards.

With the bonus in place, the zones are much more active. I do agree with someone I saw in chat, though - they should bump the Dil rewards for capture points and nerf the ones for the Rexes, to reward people who contribute to the flip rather than those who simply beam in once the Rexes spawn and go tagging.

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Over the weekend I earned over 280k Dil across my various characters. I have finished the dil requirement for the Mine development facility, and also bought the Seismic Stabilizers.

So the mine just needs Fleet Marks.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

280k? Jeez, i was just starting to feel good about my modest gains :lol:

That's awesome, Vendikarr! Now let's just grind out those marks! PVE events, or the quickest way is to max out on doff assignments and then turn them in for Commendations, which should be giving you 75-100 marks a pop. You just need 110k or more experience in any of the areas, then pop by the starbase to exchange the extra for an assignment.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Vendikarr has always been the Dilithium king in the fleet.
    Unlike most he invests also Zen to turn into resources afaik.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Has anyone purchased an extra Ground or Space DOFF slot? How's your ROI? Do you notice a distinct advantage?

Finally received my Silver Tickets for Destination Star Trek and getting excited. It's been 10 years since I went to a dedicated Star Trek con. If you're in the area, look for a mirror image Spock in a Cmdr Next Generation science uniform.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I bought the extra space one, but sadly haven't actually played any space content in the last week or two to check it. Been all anniversary events, voth battlezone, or colony invasion. Just grinding Qmendations, DIL, and Marks to feed the projects atm...

Seems like a no-brainer to buy if you've got the fleet credits to spare and don't plan to blow them on a console/ship/weapon upgrade right away. I passed for the moment on the ground slot, just couldn't talk myself into needing any of the extra powers the slot would bring. Space, though, is an easy way to increase DPS or healing

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where do you buy additional slots?

12. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I unlocked both space and ground. They're both very useful for my tac officer but sadly I can't find any suitable ground doff for my sci officer who's a ground healer. So yeah that extra ground slot isn't always useful.

Our fleet hasn't unlock the fleet vendor so you'll have to get an invitation from another fleet who has already unlocked the tier 3 Spire and buy it from their vendor.

Some fleets charge an arm and a foot for the invitation, but the NoP Public Service channel has good people who offer free spire invite if you ask politely.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yep, just put out a nice callout in NoP Public Service, and you'll get an invite if someone is around. Can get the various Tailor uniforms (Dyson Researcher is nice), various warp cores and consoles, etc.

We don't have any Spire provisions at the moment, but the Spire TAC consoles are very nice. Those take Research Provisions, queued one of those to run next, chip in to complete it faster if you want to use some of them. Can also get purple Mk XII ground kits (FINALLY), but need OPS provisions for that. That project is running right now, so gotta finish that one so we can fire up an OPS provision project and open those up.

In both cases, we won't have the max tier to get the best stuff, but we can load a couple provisions and use the NoP channel to buy the max stuff from their base...

NoP occasionally has someone willing to give a fleet invite to buy a ship, as well. No charging for anything in that channel, so free invites vice paying millions by finding someone in a zone or trading chat. Of course, it's nice to throw some loot back into their holdings if you use theirs to buy a ship, but not required.

14. Timelord Victorious

Also feel free to invite other people to buy at our base and holdings if they are not after the highest Tier stuff.
    We are a way off from those items, but have something to offer after all.
    Top ground gear: weapons/armor/PSG...

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And feel free to invite people to actually join the fleet, as well. If you're hitting it off with anyone in a PVE, battlezone, RP, or whatever, toss them an invite. More the merrier, and helps share the load a little.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Appreciate the info. On the Fed Sci, have a blue doctor, purple medic, purple biochemist. On the KDF Sci, purple doctor and purple biochemist. My goal is 3 purple med doffs on all sci toons.

17. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    What's the cost on buying an active duty doff slot?

18. Timelord Victorious

Had the luck of finding myself roughly at the same level and on the same missiosn as Dark Horizon yesterday by sheer happenstance and we had fun teamign up.
    Wish that would happen more often.

That way we earned more XP as well and I found myself jumping level 19 straight to 20 and became a commander.

BTW, Dark, I didn't go for the Nebula after all.
    It would have cost me 2000 Zen and while that would have been nice to have for the next 10 levels I figured I'm probably better off saving my zen and waiting for my next stipend which should be ready when I get this toon to VA to pick up a free Vesta or Aventine....

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Either 125k or 150k Fleet Credits, forget which off the top of my head. Want to say 150k.

20. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I decided on downloading this game yesterday, after seeing a post on it on FB. Now hooked. Should be doing other things, but playing the game a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.