Blue Warp Nacelles?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by AlboOfBorg, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

You're right. I'm sorry. It's just that, at any mention of...ENT...the nice men with the white coats have to come and "assist" me.

Think your happy thoughts..think your happy thoughts...I liked Scott Bakula once...he was on Quantum Leap, remember? Yes. Yes. I remember...

:p

2. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

shrug i am rather fond of enterpprise.
    :)
    and
    and sorry this just isnt true.

heck tos had issues respecting its own continuity at times.
    ;)

is this in reply to cali or star.??
    lost me ol vulcan fishy one..

3. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with the 6' tall rabbit (Pookha, I mean)...

Enterprise easily fit within the continuity of the rest of Star Trek, and and small errors in continuity (as was said, all Star Trek shows were guilty of that) could easily be explained.

Not that I loved the show (it was OK), but continuity issues were not a major problem.

4. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

Is this what the Blue Nacelles thread has descended to? Discussing whether Enterprise has continuity errors? **sniff, sniff**:(

Where is Sam Cogley when you need him? Or NCC1701 or Carpeoccasio?

Oh geniuses why hast thou forsaken us?

5. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    ^^Ha Ha! It's funny you said that.

When I was writing my post, I was tempted to start with "Sorry to go Off Topic, but...". However, I then realized that I was posting in the Blue Warp Nacelle thread :lol:.

6. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I was busy pissing people off in a different thread.

"Enterprise" has no continuity errors so large that a sombrero couldn't cover; that a mashed avocado couldn't fill; or that a bloated, disembodied Shatner head couldn't topple by firing a few simple PEZ at them.

You see, my fellow Star Trek fans, the sombrero brings us all together: white, black, white that looks like black when improperly lit... everybody.

It makes us forget our differences and care about our fellow man. Every single one of them. (Unless that fellow man has a shitty sense of humor and therefore attacks us. We don't care about that guy. Fuck that guy.)

Where was I? Oh, yes. Sombreros.

Nation, I challenge you. I challenge you to find that scene in the Star Trek franchise that you hate more than any other. It's different for each and every one of you. Is it when Archer brings his dog down to a planet and causes an interstellar incident when Porthos pees on a tree? Is it when Neelix causes the Voyager's engine to malfunction because of cheese? Is it when Spock is singing with the space hippies? Is it when the cast of DS9 is jumping around like idiots playing that silly game in season one? Is it that scene where Wesley Crusher does... well, anything, really?

Take that scene and watch it again. But this time, this time watch it while wearing a sombrero. And eating guacamole. I guarantee you'll see it in a different light.

And if that still doesn't work, watch it one more time. This time, tilt the sombrero so you can't see the television. Jam a PEZ in each ear so you can't hear the dialog. Wipe some guacamole in your eyes so they burn so painfully that you can't focus on anything else.

Better?

That scene's not so painful anymore, is it?

My friends, let us take a giant sombrero, turn it upside down, and fill it with a mixture of guacamole and PEZ. Let us each take a sip from this communal cup. For we are all brothers. We are all the same.

7. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

*wipes tear from eye*

I'm all inspired and stuff, now. :D

But...I do not own a sombrero...I have no headwear to speak of...but I can will The Dark Sombrero Of The Mind from deep in it's corner of my brain (I've been keeping it busy with some Over Egging The Pudding work), and eat of the Imaginary Guacamole, can't I?

Yes! I can! And I will!

:D

8. Gepard

Oh, man, look what one snarky comment starts... :lol:

9. Bak_and_Blue

Bak_and_Blue Captain Captain

CUE THE MUSIC

All hail the wisdom of the Cogley. He speaketh the truth. We thank thee oh mastermind of the Mexican headgear, oh purveyor of the avocado aperitif.

For in sooth, we are all the same, whether we argue the dubious canon of Ferengi on the NX-01 or whether Wesley Crusher be the first Gary Stu in history.

We all revel in the grandeur of Shatner's pulchritudinous fat cheeks as he spews pez pellets, or the majesty of Mr. Spock's purple velour pimping jacket as he rides atop his sombreorofied low rider space craft.

From the comic book guy blinking in the sunlight as he emerges from his parent's basement, to the myopic owner of megalomaniacal corporations that provide the masses with mediocre yet ubiquitous operating systems, we all can find a common ground in sombreros and shouting spocks and guacamole.

[​IMG] It is more beautiful than mere mortals can bear.

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cogley, I would just like to say that between that post and your avatar/ location combination, I love ya man!

11. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love you.

12. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, I hate that Cogley. What a jerk.

Cogley, you stink.

13. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, it shouldn't.

14. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*Counting down to the inevitable comment and taking bets on who will make it.*

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We need to depressurize the shuttle bay- blast us out of the way!

16. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

Marry me. Marry me now and I'll have your babies.

[​IMG]

Yes, I already took a drink from the communal cup. Why do you ask?

17. Gepard

But will it have vectoring nacelles? :vulcan:

18. 26138

26138 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the vectoring nacelles are a good idea, as long as the nacelles are played by William Shatner.

19. Quo Vadimus

Quo Vadimus Vice Admiral Premium Member

I feel we may all be trapped in some sort of temporal loop...

Anybody have a deck of cards? All 3's? :eek:

20. Gepard

The port nacelle should be pink, though. The blue nacelle should be played by William Shatner. And he should be shooting PEZ out of his mouth.

Now to photoshop up some concept art. C'mon, people, get on it! :borg:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.