Convention meet and greets?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain_Koloth, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Captain_Koloth

Captain_Koloth Commander Red Shirt

So I'm going to the Vegas convention and I'm trying to decide whether I want to do any of the meet and greets they have to meet some of the actors in a smaller setting (in particular, this: http://www.creationent.com/auctions...S-VEGAS-FARRELLAUBERJONOISVISITOR-MEET--GREET) . Has anyone ever done one of these who could describe what it's like? I know the website says not to give detailed descriptions, but I'm just trying to get a general idea of what they're like.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I haven't been to the Vegas convention, but a couple of years ago my wife and I had backstage passes in San Francisco, which gave us (and about 5 others) private time with each guest.

We sat at a table backstage which was very loud, and ended up moving to a hallway by the kitchen of the hotel. There were the same kind of rules: no photos, no autographs, just a chat.

It was awesome. Everyone was great. We talked to Walter Koenig about the Star Trek Episode of Futurama. John de Lancie talked about his Brony stuff. We talked to Brent Spiner about his web series. George Takei and his husband Brad spent a lot of time talking to us about all kinds of things. And Marina Sirtis, well...what can I say? She's my favorite convention guest.

It was definitely worth it. With 3 guests and 10 people for 45 minutes, I would do it. I've never met the other two, but Nana Visitor is hysterical. A total space cadet (by her own admission). We saw her at a VIP breakfast once in Sacramento where they brought all the guests around to each table for a little chat. She told her Creation handler to "get lost" and sat at our table for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!