Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

At the presentation/announcement they actually had him on the stage and gave him Lt. JG pips. ;)

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well anyone who uses the Bug ship should rejoice your getting a free upgrade when the expansion goes live.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-duty-officer-pack-promo

relevant part

I wonder what that means for the other lock box ships.

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Well, well, well, have a look at this one sentence in the latest Tribble test server patch.

And a few posts down, a dev had this to say:

Looks like soon we'll be able to entirely customize the look of our ship interiors. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :drool:

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The dev later posts that the Quarters tag ties into The STO Player Housing Project

5. intrinsical

Since the last patch, I have not been able to login at all. Anyone else having a similar issue?

6. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I'm actually logged in now through ARC.

I did have issues with rubber-banding/lag one or two weeks ago, but that comes every now and then; not as much as it used to.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Mine fought me for about 10 min, it didn't want to load the updater, but it went through eventually...

8. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

No issues for me logging in. What kind of issue is it specifically? Launcher won't load? Engage doesn't engage?

9. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am so behind it's ridiculous. I haven't played for a few months, but the changes have been sweeping! I'm still getting used to the new crafting system.

10. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ I like the new crafting system. It's how I'm trying to make some EC. But I think some people sell some stuff way too much. For example, what player is gonna sell a very rare ship shields Mk VI for a couple of million. No-one is gonna that much for something at that level.

Had no problem logging in earlier.

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's the problem. The materials cost me 200,000 credits, and I ended up selling it for 9,000, and that's on the lower end. Looking at the prices for the higher end stuff, there's no way I'd make anything approaching a profit without spending millions upon millions of credits. It's cheaper just to outright buy the equipment from someone, rather than craft it yourself.

12. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

^ I never have brought crafting materials with the new system. I generally have enough of virtually everything that I need at the moment. I wish I did those 20 hour crafting earlier than I did, as now I can do at least 3 schools doing those each day. Having 5 characters helps, as I generally will move samples from one to another, if I need something.

Also materials can now be picked from PvE missions, and if you have any of data samples - convert them.

13. Hartzilla2007

So does that mean I can eventually get to the observation lounge on my ship outside of repeating Cold Call.

14. Hartzilla2007

Ha, finally bagged the optional for Infected Ground Elite.

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

gratz. We should do some more fleet runs, think I've got a toon or two that could still use that one.

What would REALLY be good is to bang out the optional runs for the NORMAL STFs. Not so bad to get an Elite run going, and can get enough of a team out of the channels to get the Elite, but almost impossible to get a Normal queue to even pop, much less weeding out AFKers and getting the optional...

16. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, i'm down to help if I can be of service. Count me in.

17. Hartzilla2007

I hear online that Infected's is the hardest to get because the hostages can be assimilated so it's not just beating the clock on that one.

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It's all a matter of timing and knowingwhat happens when and having a vague idea of where the invisible trigger lines are that prompt the worker drones to start assimilating them.

You can kill every drone in a room without the workers ever starting.
    The trick is to do it fast, so high DPS long range weapons are a must. Long range AoEs helps, too.
    At least for Elite.

On Normal you can storm a room no problem and just short range AoE everything if the team brings decent gear.
    because the Borg don't hit really hard on normal this is the faster method.

19. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I agree with this.

20. intrinsical

Argh. I've waited over a year for a costume sale and guess what happens the day after I finally gave in an bought the Section 31 uniform that I've been eyeing on for a long, long time? That's right. Cryptic announces a 20% discount on all costumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.