First Contact Dress Uniform used in a wedding

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJohnson, Jan 3, 2013.

1. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was hoping someone here can help me. My girlfriend and I were talking about 'geek weddings' and she saw one a while back where the groom wore the First Contact dress uniform, Gandalf was the priest, their niece was dressed as Frodo the Ringbearer, the bride as an elf (she thinks), and there were Stormtroopers and other sci-fi costumes in it. I cannot for the life of me find the website where this was. Has anyone else heard of this?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I haven't heard of this one in particular, but using the Insurrection dress uniform was quite common at the weddings that occurred on the bridge at STTE.

3. JJohnson

4. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love Halloween, seeing people dress up for comic con, and all sorts of geeky things, BUT...a wedding? Call me traditionalist, or even old, but that is a bit much. Not only does it cheapen the meaning of the event, but how silly and immature will the wedding photos look in 10+ years when you are dressed as Captain Picard, flanked by a jedi, stormtroopers and the tooth fairy, and married by Gandalf!

Might as well save some money, and go to a drive thru wedding and get married by an Elvis impersonator in Vegas!

5. hIndsIght

hIndsIght Ensign Newbie

So, in other words, the line must be drawn here! This far, no further! :lol:

6. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't go THAT far with a wedding. Although I may incorporate sci-fi/Star Trek elements here or there, I'd probably go mostly down the traditional route with it. But for someone who's that into it... Go for it.

I've gotta say though, that is one damn perfectly made dress uniform.

7. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Yes, the quality of the attire is admirable. Most costumes look badly made and/or poorly fitting. For a wedding, whatever you choose to wear, it had better fit well and flatter you, because when you look back at it, you'll want to remember how great you used to look.

8. JJohnson

Personally - traditional tuxedo and bowtie (which are cool, btw). I might have something Trek hidden on the tux or in the church, definitely on the groom's cake. But the wedding for me would be as traditional as possible. I just thought this guy had an incredibly well made dress uniform.

9. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sorry, but I'm embarrassed for these people. :/

10. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Why be embarrassed? If it's not something you would do, fine, but why feel anything when someone else does this? I'd never do it myself, but I don't care if someone else does it.

11. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

This and this.

I'm not sure what kind of Trek things I'd put in my wedding. Probably something a little more than just a hidden thing here or there but really not anything too huge... I wouldn't really want anything too over the top in the first place because I'd already be uncomfortable being the center of attention. :rommie:

12. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Come on folks, you can't really complain about them being too nerdy. I mean, we're all here posting on a star trek bulletin board on the internet for goodness sake! ;)

It might not be your cup of tea, but it's certainly not the worst thing in the world... It's not like it's a third reich themed paula deen plantation wedding or anything! lighten up! ;)

13. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm guessing, but the older couple dressed "normally" were likely the bride's parents. Since they don't appear in many photos, I assume the Stormtrooper put them out of their misery. The look on the poor woman's face says it all. :klingon:

Nice costumes, BTW.