Into Darkness DS9 references (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DS9forever, May 11, 2013.

1. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I started cringing from "You'd better get down here".

I've seen it for a second time and I am now regrettably certain of my initial appraisal - a lacking, vacuous waste of an opportunity. I'd rather say so here than in the NuTrek forum as any deviation from the Abrams bandwagon has the usual posse jumping up and down and - frankly - I'm not impressed. As I said, I had every expectation of enjoying this movie and I have given it more than a fair chance.

Just an aside: Fans have invested a lot of time from pre-production to the premiere of STiD. Bearing this in mind, I think in the short run we can be a lot more forgiving of a film's faults. However, I wouldn't mind predicting in the long run that this film will not stand the test of time, and the standards and scrutiny people would normally apply will resurface. :techman:

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah... they reboot the series in the first movie(yes, it's a reboot the flimsy tie in to the regular universe is just an attempt to appease the fans and "validate" it still) then the second one... honestly, I could picture a fanfiction of this one... let's have Kirk and Spock switch places and Khan works for Section 31... ooh ooh and a GIANT BLACK SPACESHIP named the USS Evil Villain Flagship... oh and let's put some Klingons in there as a filler, and we'll keep the bad guy in stasis in case we want to use him in the next chapter! :p

It's a fun action flick, but... yeah still lacks the larger than life Trekness that was present in TNG, DS9 and the rest.