what do people want star trek 3 to be like

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by tmosler, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

More Klingons. I kind of liked these Klingons with their fancy ridge adornments.

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

During the teaser the ship encounters a strange new virus which turns every male into slobbering lumps of flesh cowering in the corners and it's up to THE WOMEN to find an antidote before all MANkind is assimilated!

;)

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

The Kirk/Marcus relationship will obviously be a big thing in the next film, seeing as how she got transfered and he was eye-banging her throughout STID. I'm wondering if they're going to have the birth of David.

I'd like to see some more done with the Vulcans. They've lost their homeworld, the population has been decimiated, but aside from seeing Prime-Spock nothing more was said about how they were coping and what they were up to on their new planet.

Also I want TOS and Movie-era aliens in the background mix of crewmembers.

And of course no lenseflares.

4. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

More of the same.

5. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

The article you mentioned was in January and in January everyone thought there was going to be a 3rd movie.
    I'd prefer something more recent from Paramount. Still at least they didn't say 'if'

6. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Paramount wants another Trek film for the 50th Anniversary. Bad Robot will be producing it, however it will not be JJ directing since he will be doing post production on Star Wars. I want a completely new story no remixes of classic episodes. If they want to throw a classic episode in, let it be a wrap up in the teaser before the credits and it leads into what the real story is about.

-Chris

7. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Some would rather it not be made at all. :rolleyes:

8. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have no preconceptions about what I want or don't want a new Star Trek movie to be. Hopefully it'll be a fun adventure. Beyond that, anything goes. :)

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I had this amazing dream. I had gone to a convention and as a huge surprise we were shown Star Trek XIII. I was EXTREMELY excited. Most of it seemed to take place in an underwater city and I remember thinking what a hot merman Spock made with his hair swishing around in the blue waters. After we left the convention center I bumped into Gene and Majel walking arm in arm along the Yarra, the river that runs past one of our convention centers. I said to him, "You know Gene, Star Trek.. that was a helluva idea."

The rest of the dream was me trying to get my phone to work so I could post this :lol:

10. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would like to see a Federation Civil War. I think it might be interesting if some of the surviving Vulcans reject logic on the grounds that logic and pacifism failed them upon the destruction of Vulcan. Then a coup ensues on New Vulcan. At which they make overtures to their distant cousins, the Romulans, who back a full scale rebellion to secede from the Federation, forcing Spock to either side with the Vulcans or Humans.

11. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I am wanting the next film to click with the 18 to 24 year olds, for that is where the franchise will get support when the older fans begin to die off. I am wanting the next film to do better with the foreign market front, for that is where the money is.

12. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

This is why I think the Doomsday Machine would be a good direction for the next movie.

Action/space-battle(s), exploration, getting away from Earth, and having a force of nature rather than a villain.

Instead of a villain of course you could still have an adversary - who could play a traumatised Matt Decker? (Or, Mary Decker??).

13. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

The Doomsday Machine would be one of my picks to make into a movie. Full of action, space battles, dramatic moments, power mad admirals. Perfect for the Abramsverse!

14. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    We're not talking about Cumberbatch's other roles, however, but his portrayal of Khan, which I find ok but not superior to Montalban's. Of course, the latter being the original, that surely influences my evaluation of them. However, Montalban's Khan in TWOK had a more personal tie to Kirk.

No, they're not.

Yes it is because you don't realise that only a minority of people actually care about this stuff.

To be clear: I'm also part of that minority, but I've learned that I can't expect most people to care. And in the end, they may be right: if movies focused on pure technical detail, realism, and logic, they would probably be a lot more boring.

BillJ is right, and I had the same problem with pretty much all movies recently, until I realised that these things, although positive if they are there, sometimes interfere with the narrative, and must give way to it. I enjoy movies more now that I realised that.

If anything, it's stronger.

Again, you're ignoring the primacy of the narrative.

That's because, just because we are fans, doesn't mean we can't look past these mistakes.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

The next movie will without any doubt be a continuation of the last two, produced by Bad Robot for Paramount. :cool:

16. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    There's no way they do a reboot this soon, when things are going so well for them.

17. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Make good on the ending and explore something. I'd prefer the next film to be more than a rumble with a bad man on a big ship.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Tholians.

19. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I'd like a story about the Klingon War but without any power-hungry Federation Admirals or Captains. Does there always have to be a trader around to show how great Kirk is? I want a pair of military strategists - Kirk and the Klingon Commander - duke it out in a pair of evenly matched ships. The Kilingon Commander needs to be smart, experienced, and capable, and he must have his ego check. In fact, it would be great if Kirk's ego almost causes him to lose the battle until Bones or Spock guides him to the right choice.

20. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

This!