What is your favorite Star Trek uniform?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RyuRoots, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Which Starfleet uniform do you enjoy the most?

1. TOS TV Show Uniform

33 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. TOS: TMP Uniform

15 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. TOS Movies 2-6 Uniform

74 vote(s)
    24.9%
  4. Early TNG Uniform

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  5. TNG Season 3-7 Uniform

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Early DS9/Generations Uniform

16 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Late DS9/First Contact-Nemesis Uniform

107 vote(s)
    36.0%
  8. ST: Enterprise Uniform

27 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My problem with the TOS uniforms is that they have too much simplicity. Looks like a buncha guys just went to a store and bought matching long-sleeve shirts and then reported for starship duty. All the others (including the STXI ones-that's one of the things I liked about the movie) excluding perhaps the ridiculous space pajamas of TMP actually look like uniforms.

2. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never knew they'd be able to take the old series uniforms, tweak them a bit, and then reintroduce them in a new way for the 2009 flick. The last ones are really superbly done.

3. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I prefer the DS9 uniforms -- first the FC uniforms, followed by the black suits with colored shoulders Voyager/early DS9 look. Of course, I'd stick the new movie uniforms in the middle.

4. PhasersOnStun

PhasersOnStun Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I gotta say, I really love the new 2009 Star Trek uniforms. But unless I'm blind, that's not one of the poll options...

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS female uniform, minis and go-go boots. One thing the nu-movie got right was the fabric on the dresses and the guys shirts, wonderful.

6. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, when I made this thread, I hadn't seen much on Star Trek XI and the movie wasn't out yet, so I didn't think to include it.

7. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. Polgara

Polgara Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Liked late DS9/etc, it looked like they put more thought and time into the uniforms.

9. VulcanVixen

VulcanVixen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have a soft spot for TOS dresses, but love the Next Generation shirts... lol I'm torn.

10. CaptainPipcard

CaptainPipcard Lieutenant Red Shirt

I like the TNG uniforms with the starfleet asymmetrical thing near the waist, and the rank pips.

11. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    Same here. They're minimalist and slightly asymmetrical, with the rank pips on the right side of the collar and the communicator on the left breast. Plus I prefer the black, curved collars to multi-colored or gray ones. Always wished the VOY crew wore them instead of the awful DSN jumpsuits. If this were a multiple choice poll, I would've chosen TOS next, then TOS movies 2-6 third. TMP? Dead last! -- RR

12. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I like the ones from TOS tv show, and the ones from Star Trek Wrath Of Khan all the way to Undiscovered Country. I think the ones from TNG tv show are cool too, but they look uncofrtable. I have the one from TNG show and its a whole one piece suit, I like it but it real uncomfortable around the neck area. The neck area the costume is way to tight, and I don't like that. And another thing is its a real pain to get on and off, and when I'm wearing it, I'm always adjusting it. So I defently know what all them felt like when they had to wear ones like that all day. I also have the costumes like from the new movie, I have the gold captain's shirt and the blue science commander shirt. I don't mind wearing those as those are more comfortable than my TNG costume.

13. Doran

Doran Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm in agreement here. It gives a military feel, and despite the fact that it's a mission of peace, it's still a military organization.

14. Orcus

Orcus Captain Captain

I'm in agreement here. It gives a military feel, and despite the fact that it's a mission of peace, it's still a military organization.[/QUOTE]

Those (and the ENT unis) would be my least favourite. They just seem too hackneyed and lack imagination...