Jabba the Hut

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain McBain, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

Is Data strong enough to pick up Jabba over his head and chuck him?

In the beginning of "Return of the Jedi," Jabba grabs some live thing and eats it. If, instead, he wanted to eat Chewbacca or Boba Fett, would they be in deep manure, or could they extricate themselves from the situation?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are you talking about the fictional android, or the TrekBBS poster?

3. Captain McBain

The fictional android. I doubt any ten TrekBBS posters could pick up Jabba and chuck him!

4. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

While Data was able to snap several Borg necks in First Contact, it did seem like he had slight difficulty. So he'd probably have trouble lifting Jabba up, though I'm sure he'd be able to at least slow him down.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

More likely, Data would grab Jabba by the tail and swing him in a few circles through the air before flinging him away that way.

6. Guy Gardener

Jabba gained a lot of weight between New Hope and Jedi. If he was human, I would think it was water weight, but perhaps mr The Hutt just woke up from hibernation, where %80 of his mass was extremely buoyant fart because he hadn't unfastened his butt-plug yet.... How Hibernation works. Look it up.

7. Captain McBain

I wonder how much Jabba weighs. Must be at least 900 pounds, I imagine. How about the second question?

8. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Data was commonly said to have the strength of ten men...I think ten men might be able to carry Jabba around, but it wouldn't be easy or pleasant....and Data, being only one being, would have more of a leverage issue with all that flabby bulk....

9. Captain McBain

Ten strong men, like Hulk Hogan in his prime, perhaps. Ten men like me, I doubt it. But it all depends on how much Jabba weighs, of course.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

11. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It's not so much Jabba's weight, but the fact he's a bulbous, fat slug. Data would only be able to lift part of Jabba, while the other parts would sag & droop and probably envelop Data. Luckily Data doesn't need to breath, nor would he be offended by the stench.

Now, if Popeye ate his spinach, he could grab Jabba by the tail, spin around and throw him.

12. Captain McBain

Hmmm. If true, I think it would take more than ten strong men to lift him. I don't even know if Data could lift 3,000 pounds.

13. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Your fascination with Data is endlessly fascinating in itself, McBain. Is there anything you won't wonder about Data?

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It depends on how long they're stuck in there before they get out. If it's right away they might be ok. If they stay in there any longer Jabba's stomach acids might eat them up...in that case Fett has the advantage here with his armor while Chewie is basically nude.

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Are they packing?

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No he is not strong enough to pick him over his head and chuck him. He could probably shove him along the floor but this is assuming Jabba doesn't push back.

In Sumo the smaller combatant will often use the larger combatant's weight against them, to unbalance them. I wonder how helpless Jabba is if he throws himself forward and falls over, if he can right himself easily or not.

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ Again, as more of a blob, I'm not sure his weight could be used against him that effectively. Not sure he could get that much momentum.

18. teacake

If Spot was underneath Jabba I'm sure Data would roll him away..

Is Jabba fighting back in the OP's scenario?

19. Guy Gardener

How strong would one have to be to dribble Jabba like a basketball?

20. teacake

He wouldn't bounce, he'd be like a splat ball.