The least disliked episode of VOY - Season Five

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by BlueStuff, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

One or two of my faves have dropped. I'll take out Bride of Chaotica! for not being fun enough.

Drone
    Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Bliss
    Dark Frontier (I)
    Juggernaut
    Warhead
    Equinox (I)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

"Equinox, Part I". I got the impression that the caretaker usually sent the ships back home after he had done his experiments on the crew of those ships. Yet here we have another starfleet ship, one has to question why try again with the same species. PLus if the caretaker didn't send ships back we could have had other races from the AQ/BQ or even DQ that we were familiar with.

Drone
    Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Bliss
    Dark Frontier (I)
    Juggernaut
    Warhead

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

"Bliss" goes blissfully away. Great guest star, but it's just a revamp of aliens make crew see things that aren't there, dating back to "The Cage".

Drone
    Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Dark Frontier (I)
    Juggernaut
    Warhead

4. Seven of Five

I'm not a big fan of Warhead really. It shouldn't be here ahead of others that have been cut up to now.

Drone
    Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Dark Frontier (I)
    Juggernaut

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well this "Juggernaut" has been brought to a stand still. The other episodes are just stronger.

Drone
    Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Dark Frontier (I)

6. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Drone - so just because some Borg nanoprobes came into contact with the mobile emitter, it creates a "29th century Borg", um how? Where did the genetic material for the organic parts come from? This is about as contrived as Nuclear Man being born in Superman IV.

It would just be a Borg that happens to incorporate technology for a holographic emitter, not "29th century everything". Plus, the mobile emitter isn't from the 29th century, it's from the 20th century. It was created by Buddy Holly from reverse engineering Braxton's time ship, just like every piece of computer technology on Earth from the 1960s onward, according to Voyager writers.

You'd think the Voyager crew would reverse engineer the mobile emitter to improve their own technology, but nope.

Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint
    Dark Frontier (I)

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Timeless and Counterpoint are awesome, Infinite Regress and Drone are decent. That leaves Dark Frontier (I).

Dark Frontier completely changed the tone of the Borg by giving them a face and making them all about negotiation and threats and not just about ruthless, efficient assimilation. It also marked the beginning of their obscene overuse and set the precedent for Voyager to be able to fight and win against Borg ships.

Timeless
    Infinite Regress
    Counterpoint

Edit: To remove Drone from the list

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Ensign Mulcahey. B'Elanna had taken the emitter to a science lab to work on it. Left unattended, the emitter generated tubules to tap into the ship's computer. When Mulcahey walked by, he came closer to investigate, and the emitter sent a tubule into him to get a DNA sample. He survived and appeared in later episodes.

The odd thing to me is that they didn't use guest star J. Paul Boehmer as some non descript crewman to be the victim. At least he could have shown his normal face that way.

9. jimbotron

Ah ok. My point still stands that it's too much like Nuclear Man. :lol:

10. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Infinite Regress - split personality Borg-style... I've seen better Seven-episodes.

Timeless
    Counterpoint

11. jimbotron

I'm knocking off Counterpoint. A decent episode with some good back and forth between Janeway and the main guy. But wow, that guy and his lieutenant sure do overact when they turn the evil up to 11.

What knocks this episode off is the ending. They forget to hide Tuvok and other other telepathic officers! How dumb is that? But also, the baddies don't even notice.

Timeless is the winner. Hooray!

12. Seven of Five

This victory has my approval. ;)

13. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'd accept that as Timeless was one of the better episodes of the season. And Counterpoint as a runner-up isn't that bad.

14. jimbotron

Timeless is an example of a reset button done right. Even though "none of it happened", Harry Kim knows what happened, and grows from it.