What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, and it's absolutely outstanding. The over-the-top British voice acting is great, the battle system is addicting, and the story and setting are really great. The only problem is that it looks like a game from about 2006, but that's easy enough to ignore once you get into it. Highly recommended, almost seems like a better Final Fantasy game than the last few, and I loved FFXII and XIII!

2. Sho

Sho Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I recently picked up the Syberia & Syberia II bundle on Steam. I played Syberia back when it came out and really loved it, but somehow never got around to playing the sequel. Right now I'm replaying the first game (which I'm happy to say has held up well to my memories of it) and then it's on to the second. Also looking into LIMBO in parallel.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

After taking a few months off, I started playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood again. It's fun, but it's also kind of annoying because half the missions I seem to only get 50% Synchronization or whatever it is. "Do this mission completely undetected." "Aw, fuck, one guard saw me. Fail."

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I knew it was going to suck. I knew I was throwing money away. I knew I was giving money to a horrible developer so that they could go on making more horrible games, but I just couldn't resist. Nostalgia was too strong.

That's right, I picked up Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. It's not a terrible game, or even a bad game at that, but it's so crummy and unpolished. The original Sonic games on the Genesis are, to me, the best platformers ever made. This one is between mediocre and decent. What happened to you Sega?

And you know what the worst thing is? I'm still going to buy Episode 2.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I've been in kind of a WW2 mood lately, so I started playing through Call of Duty 2 again last night. Still just as much fun as I remembered it being. :techman:

6. Sysyphyx

Sysyphyx Lieutenant Red Shirt

Been back and forth with a lot of games: Skyrim, Transformers- War For Cybertron, Silent Hill- Downpour. At this point l'm just killing time, waiting for the Dawnguard DLC for Skyrim and the new Amazing Spider-Man game.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Finished up AC: Brotherhood last night, and I'm about ready to start Revelations.

8. Sysyphyx

Just started the Amazing Spider-Man. So far, its pretty amazing.:) l didn't play the last two Spidey games from Beenox, but l can already tell these guys know what they're doing. l haven't done too many missions yet though, since l've been too busy swinging around and collecting comic book pages (there are 700 of them).

Once l get bored of nabbing purse snatchers, l'm gonna download DAWNGUARD.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

About halfway (I assume) through AC: Revelations. It's getting a little bit tiresome; granted, I did play the last two AC games immediately before this, so I'm just getting a little bored with it. I just want the story to move along faster so I can figure out what the hell is going on with Altair, Ezio, and Desmond. Does the world end? Does the Apple of Eden destroy us all? Why the hell did Desmond murder Lucy at the end of the last game? WHY IS ALL THIS HAPPENING?!

10. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

I like the Assassin's Creed series, but the games are just so alike that you are really just paying for the story. There is only so much free running around Common Era Europe that one can do before it becomes tedious.

I've been really into my Gamebryo games as of late, played Skyrim intensively for a month before picking up Fallout: New Vegas and exhausting the game. I'm now onto Fallout 3, which I enjoy more than NV, despite there being less quests and character personality options (the faction stuff in NV made a lot of the game).

I'm not too fussed about Dawnguard, mainly because I've bored myself of Skyrim something silly! I'm anxiously awaiting the Square-Enix announcement that Final Fantasy XIII-3 is going ahead. (and a bonus if XV is announced as a regular console RPG and not another fucking MMO that fails to deliver all that it promises!)

11. oberth127

oberth127 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm playing through Halo Reach again but with a friend on co-op this time.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I appreciate the differences between each game, but there simply aren't enough of them. Even the missions are redundant.

-Oh, here's the mission where we dress up as actors to infiltrate a play.

-Here's the mission where you have to tail someone for 25 minutes without being seen.

-Here's the missions where you dress up as a soldier to infiltrate the enemy camp.

-Here's the mission where you track down a random thief because he stole something belonging to the hot chick.

I really enjoy these kind of open-world games, but they do get kind of old after a while. I just want to skip all the random side missions and do the story. And I'm so tired of having to do all the missions without being detected! I keep having to restart levels because some random dude on the street saw me.

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing a lot of BF3 and am getting back into Sins of a Solar Empire thanks to the release of the Rebellion expansion.

14. Sysyphyx

Waiting for the early access for The Secret World to start today. l pre-ordered this thing two months ago, just to get a head start on all the gankers, and the servers still aren't up yet.

l guess its a good thing that the game wasn't up earlier, because my electricity just went out for a couple of hours, and l would have been PISSED if that had happened in the middle of a game.:evil:

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just finished "Assassin's Creed: Revelations," and I'm starting to get annoyed with the franchise. Every game is like an episode of "LOST." I want some answers, dammit! I thought that, maybe, with this being the last game featuring Ezio that it would actually provide some closure.

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Team Fortress 2, badly. :lol:

17. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

Picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for $18 at Costco. Having a blast playing through old games from my younger days.

18. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been seriously getting into portable gaming over the past year, so I picked up a Game Boy Advance SP Backlit model. Fortunately, the pawn shop where I bought the system, had two giant bins of GB, GBC, and GBA games going 5 for $20, so I ended up with a bundle of awesome games. That's what I'll be playing for a while.

Game Boy/Color

Bomberman Quest
    Castlevania: Adventure
    Donkey Kong
    Solar Striker
    Super Mario Land 2
    Super Mario Land 3: Wario's Land

Game Boy Advance

Advance Guardian Heroes
    Crash Bandicoot: Huge Adventure
    Crash Bandicoot: N-tranced
    Hamtaro: Ham Ham Heartbreak
    Mega Man Zero 2
    One Piece
    Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge
    Scurge: Hive
    Sigma Star Saga
    Spyro: Season of Flame
    Super Monkey Ball Jr.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I picked up Lollipop Chainsaw and that game is a lot of fun. I love Suda51's games, I really think they're kind of pop art in a way. I love all the references and ideas. This one is a lot like Shadows of the Damned but trading guns for melee (it's a lot like Splatterhouse as well). That is a linear 3D brawler.

It is short though, only a few hours long, though I've really enjoyed replaying the stages for unlockables and bonuses (for once, I regret not getting the pre-order costumes). For most people that probably means rent first or wait for a price drop.

Where else can you fight a funky zombie Bootsy Collins villain who speaks in autotune and flies in a disco UFO atop an arcade? Some cool voice talent too: Tara Strong, Michael Rosenbaum, Linda Cardellini, Michael Rooker, Gregg Henry, Shawnee Smith, etc.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

When am not replaying the Mass Effect franchise, I have been going through 007 Bloodstone on the 360. Its nothing special but its a solid adventure that feels like Bourne meets Bond with a touch of Splinter Cell Conviction to boot. Am enjoying it since its been ages since we had a decent Bond game.