Phase II begins re-filming "Mind Sifter"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by PattyW, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nope.

BTW, you may be unacquainted with the rules about such characterizations here; I'm sure someone else will explain them to you (they're pretty obvious, really).

It's clear to anyone who knows anything about how the business works that this story is not true as it's being told.

You suddenly popping up out of nowhere to name-call on behalf of a poster who's mysteriously dropped out of sight does not change that and isn't fooling anyone.

2. Super Space Star

Super Space Star Lieutenant Red Shirt

This has nothing to do with science fiction or you. Are you Maurice's mommie? Scram.

3. Serveaux

I dislike foolish untruths told as if to assume that one's readers are uninformed or not bright enough to recognize them as such.

You impress no one. I'm not giving you the option of picking who you get to address or ignore in your pursuit of this ridiculous "defense" of a preposterous fabrication.

Let me be clear on this: no fourteen year-old ever scrawled a "script" for a network situation comedy on a yellow legal pad, mailed it cold to a professional producer, had it purchased for forty dollars and produced and broadcast "without a word changed" while credit was dishonestly assigned to a working professional.

That did not happen.

That someone thinks they can get away with telling that kind of nonsense story to a group of reasonably educated strangers - as distinct from, say, tolerant family or sycophantic friends or some naive children - is arrogant and deluded in the extreme.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

+1

5. Super Space Star

And you know this for sure, how? I know for a fact that a script can be mailed to a tv show and reach the production staff of that show, because I did it. I wrote a script, mailed it in to the production company making the show and it reached the story editor of the show. He mailed it back, with a positive critique of my script. This is not an impossibility.

6. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

Was it scrawled on a legal pad, selected for production, and filmed word for word? And were you compensated with $40 while numerous other people received credits for your verbatim work?

7. Serveaux

That, of course, is the least part of what's being claimed.

8. Super Space Star

No, it was typed out on an old manual typewriter.

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That's swell. I did too. I wound up getting a six page guideline booklet all about how to write for and meet the formatting guidelines to write for TNG and DS9.

Oh yes: I was 15 at the time, and just last summer stumbled upon my actual script that I'd submitted.

You know what?

It was awful.

People submit scripts to TV shows all the time. Your experience does not however negate the sheer implausibility of what Andreich has claimed, regardless of her talents.

Again I will say that it is entirely curious that you appeared out of nowhere following a 12-year absence, just when Andreich decides to disappear.

Amazing, how Clark Kent looks in no way like Superman!

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Resorting to personal attacks and name calling is to concede the argument because you cannot argue it on the merits of evidence. But thanks for being on the show! :D

BTW, your messages have been reported to the moderator. Enjoy.

11. Super Space Star

12. doubleohfive

13. Super Space Star

14. doubleohfive

Writing and publishing a novel at 15 is in no way similar to, related to, or really has anything in common with what it takes to get a script produced on a weekly network television series, sitcom or drama.

Next?

15. Super Space Star

Yeah, 20 minutes of "Chico and the Man" is "Gone with the Wind." Do you even read what you're writing?

16. doubleohfive

I do, actually.

But I'm still not seeing the point you are obviously failing to make.

How deluded must you be to think that even a 20 minute episode of a sitcom wouldn't be a herculean task for even the most experienced crew to produce?

17. Super Space Star

If anything, a novel would be more difficult to write. The point I'm making is that for some teenage girls (here, Beth Reekles) they are more capable at writing than "scrawling on paper." Really, I just can't take you seriously.

18. doubleohfive

Where did I say writing a novel wasnt difficult?

I said its a completely different thing than writing a produceable script for a weekly network television sitcom that gets produced unchanged, which is what Andreich is alleging she did.

I call shenanigans on that. This isn't a discussion of difficulty relative to the actual task. It's a conversation about the likelihood that Andreich is lying because she doesn't know jack shit about how writing for TV in Hollywood works.

But go ahead. Keep moving those goal posts. You're doing great!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  19. Serveaux

It's pretty clear at this point that Super Space Star has no information or experience to offer in support of this fabrication, and exists only as a screen name to hurl insults at people who point out that the emperor - well, isn't even an emperor, just someone making phony claims.

20. Serveaux

My Uncle Billy liked to work on cars. He wasn't much interested in school; he used to sit through math class drawing pictures of hot rods in his notebooks. So, when he got out of high school he went down to Raleigh Motors in Beckley and applied for a job as a mechanic.

The receptionist gave him an application to fill out, front and back. Billy answered what he could and then just to kill time while he waited to talk to the manager he doodled this car in the margin under his signature: a two-seat convertible, real low and sleek. It was a silly thing, you know, like you'd expect, with big flames and smoke shooting out of the ass end.

A couple of weeks later Billy got a telephone call. Raleigh wasn't hiring but someone had sent his application out to GM in Detroit, and they wanted him to come out and work as an engineer for a while.

Turns out that they really, really liked that drawing of the sports car. So he became one of the designers of the original Corvette. The most amazing thing was that the profile of the C1 was exactly the same as on his original drawing. Incredible, I know, but it's true.

Anyway, Billy worked out there for a couple of years but they put him to work on the Corvair and he got bored and went home and got work as a mechanic in one of the big mines outside Stanford.

I did see Billy's original sketch, once, but Aunt Velma threw it and most of Billy's other stuff out some years back when, well, you know...

You'll just have to believe me. You've got no evidence that the story isn't true; you can't prove that it didn't happen - weirder things have, and everyone knows that the people running the automobile industry have no ethics whatever - and you don't dare call me a liar.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.