Lost Girl season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Nov 9, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yes, but she will look like Peter Capaldi.

2. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    BTW, one more reason why Lost Girl & Doctor Who are currently occupying my same head space: I present these 2 scenes from "Cold War" & "Confaegion." I just happened to watch these 2 episodes one after another earlier this week. Didn't plan on this synchronicity. They just happened to be the next episodes in the order of where I was in my most recent re-watches.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4LNg3o06G8[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5iRBLVcPlE[/yt]

Also, as my fellow Community fans will recall, you can 'ship pretty much anything if you do a fan video set to "Gravity"!:p
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSC1Mr3Xy38[/yt]

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have they ever said or given hints about which sex Vex is into? I've kind of assumed with the makeup and the clothes he wears that he was gay, but that isn't always an indication, especially on a show like Lost Girl.

4. RJDiogenes

I think he's mainly into himself. :rommie:

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Bo has to admit the Morrigan really knows what to "give" for a "welcome to the dark" side present.

The Doc was okay for most of the ep, but that little speech at the end rings a bit false... "The Light Fae didn't come looking for me" which makes me wonder, IS it false?

I still like Teenaged Tamsin, "I just want to dance".

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's twice this season they've featured dance as a major plot point. I honestly wouldn't mind if this became an ongoing trend. Although I didn't care for the music selection this time.

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I was just happy to see the doc and Bo a-kissin'. That makes up for a bunch of stuff so far.

And I admit Tamsin is slightly more tolerable with teen-brains...slightly...

8. RJDiogenes

At first I wondered if Lauren was an imposter-- I'm still not entirely sure.

Dyson was conspicuous in his absence. I wonder if they are deliberately leaving characters out of each episode to save money.

And it's good to see Trick appointed Ash-- although I somehow think it's not going to work out so well.

9. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally started watching this show on Netflix recently. As happens, it was a bit slow in the begining but at about the 11th episode (or whichever one was "Fae Day"), of season 1, I started to kind of get into it. For some reason, the tone of the show reminded me of Dark Angel at the start, but as I've watched more, it seems the show's myghology is much deeper and more detailed than DA was.

Still not quite understanding the "Succubus" thing. The description of the show on Netflix said it was about a woman who feeds on the sexual energy of others. That was a turn off, but after reading some things fans had to say, I decided to give it a try.

The show seems to be mostly run by women, which is interesting in light of all the sexual shennanigans going on.

But the show, thankfully, appears to be fully committed to it's outlandish mythos. Looking forward to seeing more.

10. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I got into it late myself. I started watching regularly toward the end of season two and got hooked.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode, but not amazing. It was nice to see Lauren and Bo back together, and the dance off between Tamzin and Bruce's master was fun. It also had both Evony and Vex, and that is always a major plus in my eyes.
    I'm glad to see Trick becoming Ash. I've been expecting/hoping that would happen since we found out his backstory.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I dunno, I prefer Trick to be outside of the Fae establishment. As "just" the bartender at the Dal, he's free to exert influence more informally and flexibly. The responsibilities of the Ash will make it harder for him to be in Bo's corner, especially if she's stuck with being Dark for the time being.

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing that would be the point...

Tie Trick's hands where it concerns his favorite succubus and she has to find her own way out of trouble.

14. The Borgified Corpse

It's a fairly common technique. SEE "Stargate SG-1" seasons 6-10.

There have been some other Dyson-less episodes, like "It's Better to Burn out than Fae Away" and "Faege Against the Machine."

For what it's worth, he visited a female dominatrix in "It's Better to Burn out than Fae Away."

15. RJDiogenes

^^ I suppose. I guess it just seems more conspicuous this year-- maybe because Bo herself was missing from the first episode (yeah, I know she was pregnant, but it just drew my attention to it).

16. The Borgified Corpse

Yeah, they've even done an episode that doesn't have Trick in it at all. Has that ever happened before? I know that there have been a handful of episodes sans Dyson or sans Kenzi but it seemed like Trick always made at least a brief token appearance, if only to say one line when someone else enters the Dal.

17. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

i really dislike Lauren because she's so whiny. I was hoping she'd disappear for good.

18. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Plus, the real Tamsin was missing from several episodes.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't mind Lauren so much, but I could've done without her secret past as a fugitive eco-terrorist. Like the woman doesn't already have enough angst in her past . . . .

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was kind of random.