Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^The guy on the right looks like Walter Pidgeon, but who are the two on the left in the second pic? The woman looks like Hayley Mills' character's older sister in "That Darn Cat", and I'd swear I saw the little guy in an episode of "Wild Wild West" doing a chicken impression(named LeFou, or something).

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's not Walter Pidgeon. Here's the movie's cast:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058659/?ref_=nv_sr_2

The "little guy" is Steve Franken, who did indeed play a LeFou in a Wild Wild West episode, among many other character parts. But the woman is not Dorothy Provine from That Darn Cat!

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

It sure does look like her. But so many actresses were mimicking Doris Day right around then.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I think they made the guy LOOK like Walter Pidgeon to mimic Forbidden Planet. American International had no shame.

You know what really killed me? All the women were wearing bright peach-colored lipstick. It glowed!

5. Christopher

^All the colors in those photos are hypersaturated.

6. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Steve Franken was TV's go to nerd/nebbish for twenty years....put a pair of dark frame glasses on him, and you would recognize him immediately!

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

So was the DVD! I enhanced the contrast for the screen grabs, but not the saturation.

8. FormerLurker

And Arnold Stang, with his unusual accent. Best heard in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and Hercules Goes Bananas.

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Back to Mannix season 7 for the always lovely Barbara Luna, pretty in pink.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The episode also featured familiar non-Trek faces Frank Langella, John Hillerman, and Del Monroe.

10. Christopher

^Frank Langella is a Trek face, though not a TOS face. He played Minister Jaro in the opening 3-parter of DS9's second season, although he went uncredited.

11. FormerLurker

^IIRC, he went uncredited so people would watch for the story, and not because of him.

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

By golly, you're right, I'd forgotten. But it's just as well since this is the TOS section.

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Mannix falls for client Nancy Kovak (Mehta) in season 7's "Sing a Song of Murder":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And gets a little help from the Romulans:

[​IMG]

14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

She's Medea in Ray Harryhausen's Jason and the Argonauts, along with John Crawford of "The Galileo Seven" as one of the sailors.

15. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Several month ago I rewatched Family Matters, mostly because I wanted to see Barry Jenner (Admiral Ross) as Lt. Murtaugh. Very funny. The funniest thing is: the actor (Bodo Wolf) who did the German dubbing for Barry Jenner did the dubbing for René Auberjonois in DS9. I thought by myself: ha, Murtaugh is a changeling. He has Odo´s voice :lol:.

Ooooops, I´m in the TOS thread, sorry......

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  16. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

And now I'm totally annoyed to discover that I don't have Jason and the Argonauts on DVD! :(

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That happened to me recently. I could've sworn I had it on DVD but couldn't find it on my shelf! :)

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Same here! I swear we watched it just a few months ago.

19. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Me neither. I did, however, have the good fortune to see it in first run in one of those big, old, ornate, single-screen movie theaters back in 1963. So eat your hearts out! :lol:

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

The weekly Mannix Trek Alumni reunion continues with Stanley Adams and Barbara Babcock in season 7's "The Deadly Madonna".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barbara ends up in exactly the same position as her previous Mannix appearance, though without a stylish hat:
    [​IMG]