Seekers covers

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, May 8, 2014.

1. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really like those covers, and the TOS artwork this guy does is awesome

-Chris

2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I have fond memories of those seventies novels. I may actually have to buy physical copies of these, rather than the Kindle editions.

3. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ Buy any format you like, as long as you pre-order. :)

Seriously, strong pre-orders are what help books get enough sales velocity during their first week to make the New York Times list. So encourage all your Treklit-reading friends to pre-order these!

4. cbspock

I'll pre-order them once they show up in the iTunes ibooks store. I'll check later today if they are there.

-Chris

5. cbspock

I pre-ordered SEEKERS from iTunes.

-Chris

6. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

By your command...... :)

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

Huh. Is data for the NYT list culled from American sources only? Because I don't order my Trek books online, and now I feel a bit guilty. However, if they don't look at Canadian sources anyway, then guilt absolved! ;)

But rest assured, I will be buying these, even if it is through the old "go to the book store and pick them up" method.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^You can pre-order books in person at a bookstore. Just ask the clerk to reserve a copy for you, and they'll hold it for you when it comes in and call you to let you know it's available.

9. cbspock

The 70s covers were so cool. They were pretty unique and they always stand out when compared to later novel covers.

-Chris

10. cbspock

11. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I miss being able to do that. Browsing through my local Borders and Barnes & Noble was fun. Both stores are long gone now, and it's just as well, since my cerebral palsy got so bad that I can no longer drive, so I get all my books through Amazon now anyway. But I miss those days.

And I like the 70's era look of these covers too. I still have all my copies of the Bantam novels with similar covers. That, and these covers make me nostalgic for my childhood.

Anyway, I'm just about to start reading the Vanguard series (first time, even though I collected all eight books as they came out), so hopefully, I'll be done (or close to it) in time for this sequel.

12. cbspock

and the book stores used to have a pretty big space dedicated to Trek novels as well.

-Chris