Oh, and by the Way -- 1000 Posts.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Newspaper Taxi, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I realize that's a piddly amount by most message board standards but it's taken me a decade to get this. That's nearly 100 posts a year, folks! Considering how my life just seems to be getting busier and busier I sort of doubt the board will live long enough for any of us to see my 2000th post. I'm not exactly a numerologist, but I do place a far more amount of meaning in numbers than the average person. So this event will be celebrated.

2. think

think About it! Premium Member

wooue--

I used to think it was big that numb4er 1000 but ,,, I don't // what is big is that I have never seen any of your 1000 posts guessing that is hard to do - but I don't remember one exceptional Newspaper Taxi posting??,,, it may be that you have changed your avatar name or what not so I just am unsure but beside ... congrats..

Wooue. weee----

3. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've realized lately that I'm not good at being 'part of a community' on a message board. So I don't feel about not being noticed, since most of my messages are to the point on specific subjects. In the beginning I was mostly here for the Enterprise board back when the show was on the air; then I spent along time slumming about TrekLit, before eventually mostly staying in the Doctor Who section.

As to what post is the most essential post -- that's a really intriguing question, one that could probably be it's own topic. I started a topic once about listing terrible ideas for episodes of Star Trek -- to make the most artfully bad episodes ever. It got over a 100 pages in it's day and it made me laugh. One idea I remember coming up with involved pipes appearing through-out the bridge of the Ent-D, and everyone had to figure out why before there would be no room to walk or stand due to pipes. Everyone else's posts were great, too -- the imagination of TrekBBSers can be a mighty thing.

4. think

think About it! Premium Member

I was looking thru the topics you have made very nice list.. :)

5. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Congrats on making it to 1000 posts (and on having a life ;)).

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Congratulations! May you someday reach 40,000 (even though you are pretty sure you won't.)

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

At OP's current rate, this would take almost 29 years.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Quantity isn't everything ;), but cograts to the OP and you on reaching 40 000.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Congratulations. Now that people have gotten a chance to say something, I'm closing this down, because it doesn't have much room for further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.