TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Ladybug

Ladybug Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi ReedEnterprise and all the TNG'ers! I'm Ladybug, formerly Triptacular and tripsmyguy on the House of Tucker site. My fav Treks are Enterprise and The Next Generation. I started watching TNG in reruns then got excited when Enterprise was announced. I was a huge Quantum Leap fan, so I loved the idea of Scott Bakula as a Trek Captain. He was good, but Stewart's Picard will always be the best, imo.

2. ReedEnterprise

ReedEnterprise Captain Captain

And hi to you :)

3. Eydie Munroe

Eydie Munroe Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello all! I've been away from the Trek world for a while, but very glad to know that there's still active groups around! :bolian:

4. aayush01

aayush01 Guest

Hi !
    That's very nice description. I like this. I want to identify some things which I am searching for.
    manali tour packages

5. goliwoog

goliwoog Ensign Red Shirt

TNG was the first Star Trek series I have watched and takes the number one spot in my heart :). As I first watched this as a kid I really appreciated that there was not much romance in the series (well at least then I thought so, I didn't notice the subtle things back then) as pretty much everything on TV was lovely and cuddly. I adored Data and he remains my favorite character (Doctor from Voyager gets close), there is something about AI that is growing emotionally that hooks me I guess.

6. Eno

Eno Lieutenant Red Shirt

Such a lovely thread. I would like to thank everyone for some wonderful posts. So expressive and positive.

I have wonderful memories of the series, and then of course on video and dvd.

I tend to enjoy the series and movies as a whole. There is so much that I would like to express, sadly I am incapable. So I will use broad terms: Tolerance. Humanism. Care. Responsibility. Duty. Openness. Love. Understanding. Patience. Expression.....

Of course everything above applies to Trek philosophy. At least from TOS onwards. It's all Trek. :)

7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I've been meaning to join for a while! My first experiences of Star Trek were through The Next Generation. My appreciation for The Original Series came much later. I remember vividly as a child watching the almost endless loop of repeats of the first three seasons on BBC2 in the early ninties, and in fact the second season was the only one I owned in full on VHS back then, so I had that on an almost endless loop! I can see that season two wasn't exactly the strongest for the series, but I've got a soft spot for it all the same. Great episodes like Where Silence Has Lease, The Royale, Measure Of A Man, Peak Performance, and of course the forever loved Q Who.

I know the series only went from strength to strength beginning with the third season, but that second season, for all it's faults, is one that I look back on with genuine fondness. :)

8. Eno

Eno Lieutenant Red Shirt

Season 2 was awesome. Nice to meet you.

9. NEUR0M4NCER

NEUR0M4NCER Cadet Newbie

Hi all.
    If you asked any of my friends, they would assume that I was already a member on any number of fora such as this, but for whatever reason it just never occurred to me to share my passion before.

I feel like I'm a huge TNG fan but, even though it's not a competition, I'm way behind some of the more verbose contributors here. It does mean a lot to me though; I watched TOS with my dad in the eighties as a child, and we were both so excited when we learned about TNG. We 'weren't allowed' to watch Star Trek in the living room :rolleyes:, so we would hang out in my room to watch. At the weekends, we would make paper-and-glue Enterprises, and discuss the meanings behind the week's episode.

I'm a big Data-whore, can't get enough of the guy. I was incensed when my two year old son smashed the perspex cover from my VHS 'Data's Face' box set a couple of years ago - I held it in pretty well though... I also seem to find Wesley to be a lot less annoying than others do - he was around the same age as me when the show aired, so he was a bit of a hero to me at the time.

I couldn't list my favourite episodes without going through a list of them all, assigning numerical values to criteria such as entertainment value, production value, acting etc, and then making an Excel spreadsheet to tabulate it... but some memorable ones: Inner Light (of course), Starship Mine (great straight-up action), The Offspring. There's many more.

I have lots more to say, and look forward to joining in some of the frankly awesome discussions going on.

LLAP

10. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey everyone, I've been posting on this site for a while now, but never did any of these kind of threads.

Although it was Voyager that got me into star trek, as it was what was being produced when my parents watched on the BBC. (It started when I was 2) But by the later series I was watching myself. I also loved TNG as it was on daily on the BBC in the early 00s (I think?) before the Simpsons. Anyway I love all things trek, but TNG has the best characters for me! :D

11. Sysyphyx

Sysyphyx Lieutenant Red Shirt

Greetings, fellow travellers. l love everything Trek, but am particularly fond of TNG. My favorite episodes are Rightful Heir, The lnner Light, and Darmok, just to name a few. l really can't wait for the impending blu-ray releases of the series, and look forward to discussing them here.

"Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!"

12. T'Preea

T'Preea Commander Red Shirt

Been here for awhile, but as I have just recently "caught up" with TNG; I figured I'd make an appearance. I love any and every episode where Data is the focal point, such as "Datalore" and "Brothers"; just to name a few. Love me my Data.

13. ILOVETREK1701

ILOVETREK1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'me new here and I love Data and Picard and lastly Beverly.

14. Ship's Computer

Ship's Computer Ensign Newbie

I am the ship's computer. In the past my only role was to tell the crew that they were all about to die and then start counting the seconds off in an annoyingly calm female voice. However, like a certain holographic Medical Emergency Program, I am more than just the sum of my sub-routines.

Oh, and I really am female.

15. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Hello, I'm Rhaven. I do love all things Trek, but have a special liking for TNG.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Can't believe I haven't checked into this thread yet. I've been a fan since day one. It seems like just yesterday I sat down to watch the premiere episode and now I'm getting set to do it all over again 25 years later.

I'm starting to feel old.

17. LtGarak

LtGarak Commodore Commodore

Thanks to a combination of BBC America and their random episodes, along with My Little Pony, I'm back into Trek. I haven't posted here since 2004. Wow.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome back! Great to have you as a part of the gang once more. Hey, if you're into MLP in any way, shape or form then head on over to the Brony Thread. We just started a second one and so far it's going really well.

:bolian:

19. Ysmalari

Ysmalari Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all, I've been lurking for a month or two around here and decided to take the plunge and sign up.
    I'm a massive Next Gen fan (currently living next to my letterbox until my Season 1 bluray boxset arrives!) but also enjoy all of Roddenberry's legacy.
    I look forward to getting to know you all :)

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Welcome, Y!

Your name is a STAR WARS reference, isn't it? From the Grand Admiral Thrawn storylines? If so, that's kinda cool. Hope you have fun around here! :)