Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think she is one of those characters that, regardless of orientation, is crush-worthy:) If I had watched back when the show started, I would have known I was gay a lot sooner!

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes well, "Janeway made me gay" is a thing!

:lol:

3. Janeway’s Girl

Really? I didn't know that lol! Well, in my case, Janeway made me gayer:) Btw, teacake I'm still patiently waiting for you to photo bomb the "How Is Janeway Sexy Thread" like you said you would. I've already gone through it and the first thread as well.

4. teacake

OH DEAR.

Well I will make a cup of tea and awaaaaaaay I will go!

5. Janeway’s Girl

Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated:)

6. benjaminh

benjaminh Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Love the show. My daughter loves it too.

It really annoys me the dislike directed at it from fans of other trek. I think sexism might be playing a role....?

7. Janeway’s Girl

I very much agree with this. I have been educating myself about Star Trek and was surprised to learn of the hatred towards Voyager, and Janeway herself. It's sad that in this day and age (or I guess the 90's) that women were/are still seen as less than.

8. teacake

You'll get smacked for saying it, but yes I think there's a kneejerk dislike of Janeway as the strong "bossy" captain. She is frequently criticized for decisions that no one would blink if Kirk made.

9. benjaminh

But Janeway is an great captain. She might even be my favorite. She is strong and compassionate at the same time. If there's a way she can convert an adversary into an ally, she'll take the risk to do it. The greatest example is perhaps Seven, who is another great character imho.

But if Janeway's ship truly has an enemy, she'll do what it takes to get the job done, in spite of the costs and opposition. A powerful example here is the two-part episode Scorpion.

Anyway, I think she's great. Wonderful performance by Kate Mulgrew throughout.

My family just watched Parallax last night. We really like that one. B'Elanna Torres is another favorite character for us.

10. Janeway’s Girl

I also like that she acts as a mother figure to the crew and gives them advice on personal issues. It gives her character more depth than just being the captain.

11. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

Well, since I am a man, "Janeway made me gay" wouldn't be very flattering for her, now, would it? :lol:

Fortunately, I am straight and Janeway definitely didn't change that.;)

12. benjaminh

What are your top 10 favorite episodes of Voyager? Two-parters can count as one.

Here's my try at a list:

1. Scorpion I & II
    2. Endgame
    3. Future's End I & II
    4. Hope and Fear
    5. Real Life
    6. Tuvix
    7. Year of Hell I & II
    8. Equinox I & II
    9. The Killing Game I & II
    10. Living Witness

Anyone else have a top 10 list? I'm probably missing some of my own favorites....

13. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Here are 10 episodes that I really enjoyed. I can't call them my Top Ten because I haven't seen all the episodes yet - for example I have the remainder of season 6 (I'm up to episode 3 or 4) and 7 to see yet, plus, I've missed quite a few earlier episodes, too.

Unforgettable (despite some plot/logic issues I love this episode. It's the only one I watched twice back to back)
    Timeless (despite the fact that Chakotay, his girl and the Doctor all anted up big time, only Harry seems to get the credit)
    Bliss
    Night
    Scientific Method
    Someone to Watch over Me
    Think Tank
    Coda
    Year of Hell I & 2 (Tuvok and Seven alone make this for me)
    Living Witness

Other episodes I really enjoyed: Course: Oblivion, Macrocosm, Future's End, Darkling, The Chute, and Basics (despite only having seen the second half of episode 2!), Nemesis and Survival Instinct.

In some ways it's a bit daunting posting "favourite" episodes: does anyone else rate them? Are they consensus episodes? Will I look freakishly out of step with the episodes everyone likes! I should be old enough to no longer care, and mostly I don't, but a little bit of me still does! LOL! :lol:

14. benjaminh

WillsBabe:

I think that's a great list! Although actually I've forgotten a few of the title listings and need to look them up or watch them again.

Anyway, thanks for posting. Hope some more Voyager fans will join us.

15. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

1. Someone to Watch Over Me
    2. Future's End I & II
    3. Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
    4. Drone
    5. Scorpion I & II
    6. Dark Frontier I & II
    7. Year of Hell I & II
    8. Message in a Bottle
    9. Imperfection
    10. Living Witness

Um.... more faves: :lol:
    Body and Soul
    Riddles
    Equinox
    Bride of Chaotica!
    Child's Play
    Counterpoint
    Timeless
    The Killing Game
    Lifesigns
    Life Line

16. benjaminh

Another great list!++ Makes me want to re-watch these favorites. How I wish Voyager was coming out on blu-ray too....

17. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I don't have Blue Ray player, but I'll buy a player when they release Voyager haha. :)

18. Janeway’s Girl

I finished the second season today! I really liked Twisted, Persistence of Vision, Resistance, The Thaw, Innocence, Lifesigns, Death Wish, and Basics Part 1.

19. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

I wonder if Zimmermann died sometime after this one. I noticed that Barclay talks about him in the past in Author author, plus it's kinda strange that Zimmermann wouldn't help the EMH in person (or through video conference for that matter) after the latter saved his life.

20. Janeway’s Girl

Just started season 3! Technically I only have to watch 9 episodes because the rest I watched as reruns but there were so many great episodes! Sacred Ground, Future's End 1/2, The Q And The Grey, Macrocosm, Coda, Real Life. I will happily watch them again.