The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    ^
    That's a pretty cool-looking device! :)

I scored pretty big at a local Walmart:

[​IMG]

They'd stocked both Wave 4 and Wave 5 and all of them were there except the Bastila Shan and Dak Ralter repacks, the Snowtrooper Commander and the Jabba's Skiff Guard (whom I already had anyways thanks to a lucky Target find a few weeks back).

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ "Impressive, most impressive."

3. cooleddie74

Thanks. Yeah, it's not every day that the local Walmarts restock their Black Series pegs in any size, much less restock with brand-new, fresh figures that people are looking for. The Ree-Yees is packed just one per case in Wave 5 with no current plans to carry forward into any future assortments, so if you see him and want him you'd best grab him. He won't be cheap on the secondary market and online e-tailers sell out of him pretty quickly.

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I went to the Disney Store today, see if I could get any more of the 6" Black Series and they were completely sold out. Oh well, should have gotten them when I was there.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Had a look in my local Disney store today too while I was in town, never really thought of looking in there before. They didn't even have any 6" Black Series, as in didn't even stock them, which I thought was pretty lame. There was a little Star Wars section but half of it was fancy dress stuff for kids, and the rest mostly those big 12" dolls.

This is in the UK mind you, so it's not like those above offers would be on there anyway. But I see why I've never gone in there before; it was very much as I'd expected, ie. a store aimed at little kids. Not even the toys I'd wanna play with when I was a kid.

Also quickly looked in Toys R Us- the Boba Fett's and Clone Troopers were gone... plenty of Han & Leia's though ;) (and Obi & Anakin's)

I think I'll have to order my Greedo online then.

6. cooleddie74

^
    Check Amazon or Entertainment Earth. Greedo has become such a common 6" figure in many places that his prices are often extremely low and you might be able to get him for a very good discounted price. Check a few sites to get the best deal, but he shouldn't be very expensive at all given how demand for the figure has dropped.

7. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

My 6-inch Black Series Darth Vader and Chewbacca will finally be here tomorrow. I didn't think they would ever get here. Should I start hating Vader and the weirdness of his removable helmet now or should I wait until I actually see it in person?

I wonder when the next set will come out? I haven't heard anything and EE doesn't have a preorder yet.

8. cooleddie74

Wave 6 (Yoda, TIE Pilot, Clone Trooper Sergeant, Obi-Wan repack in new box) isn't supposed to be due out until closer to the end of the year, but who knows the way current and recent distribution have been. My guess is that pre-orders for Wave 6 should be imminent now that the first boxed images of those figures have been released, but I'd keep checking EE, Big Bad Toy Store, Dorkside and other e-tailers.

9. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

Ya, I got it at thinkgeek if you're in the market for one.

10. cooleddie74

Thanks for the info!

11. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's been a while since I posted something here. I was working on a new comic strip, but sadly I lost my camera to computer transfer cord so I can't upload my pictures. In the meantime, I still have my Enterprise model shots and I decided to do another Into Darkness TOS style image. I think it's my best image yet.

The Vengeance is a picture of a Federation Class Dreadnought model I found. It worked out in my favor. :)

[​IMG]

12. cooleddie74

Vengeance Prime?

Interesting. I like the retro look for the Vengeance in the TOS timeline! I like it more than I do the design of the actual ship in the recent movie. Great pic!

13. CaptainMurdock

Thanks. I agree. I loved that short space battle but the Vengeance looked like a big bad Enterprise e with the Refit nacelles. So I decided to use this starship design instead which I think is cooler.

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

While I'm not the biggest fan of some of those really old TOS-era designs I think some of them are superior to many of the current vessel designs in the Abramsverse. The Vengeance in STID would have been a much more effective adversary for the Enterprise had it not looked so much like a hyperadvanced 24th century (or even later) ship transplanted to an earlier time and era where the contours and overall design just looked out of place. A souped-up, heavily-modified starship that looked more like the Enterprise or other existing Starfleet vessels in the new movies would have been a better idea.

15. CaptainMurdock

Agreed, While I liked the Idea of the USS Vengeance, It looked just like how you put it. A 24th Century+ ship in the mid 23rd. To me it looks like the Enterprise E with TMP refit nacelles. But thankfully what we got looked better than the early concept art. Which looked like the Enterprise merged with the Narada.

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Great idea, but I think it would look better if the phaser fire was blue and the nacelle globes were orange.

17. CaptainMurdock

No harm in trying. :)
    [​IMG]

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Awesome. :techman:

19. cooleddie74

And with that, great just became greater.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That is so awesome. The PrimeVengeance is ginormous!