The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I usually only buy the pop culture Barbies. I love my Katniss doll. Robert Tonner also did Hunger Games dolls, and his just didn't look right (which is rare for Tonner dolls). Glad I didn't waste my money.

I might put Batman and Catwoman Ken and Barbie on my Christmas wish list. And the 2013 Holiday Barbie is gorgeous- I might at least buy the ornament. I just don't like that Hallmark doesn't do them anymore. American Greetings ornaments usually look so cheap. :(

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Looks like there's a Tom Servo replica and a Dalek figure behind Torgo. Just noticed 'em. Cool.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I never knew I wanted Manos figure until now.

That is a really good custom.

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And he even has huge knees! :lol:

5. cooleddie74

I'd buy one.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'd buy five.

6. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is Grievous actually supposed to be this tall compared to other Star Wars figures?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  7. cooleddie74

Actually if you look at the CGI Grievous in Episode III and the Grievous introduced in the Tartakovsky microseries around the same time, Grievous would probably be even larger and taller compared to humanoid figures. To be frank I've always felt that most of his 3.75" action figures since 2005 have been a little on the small side and that they haven't really nailed his proper dimensions in that scale, but the overall likenesses have been close enough or even spot-on so the size issue doesn't matter as much most of the time.

8. OdoWanKenobi

This month's DC Club figure is Ocean Master. Well, if the line has to end, at least we're getting some real home runs like this one before it goes.

[​IMG]

9. cooleddie74

They're cancelling the DC Club exclusives? Did they say why?

10. OdoWanKenobi

They needed a certain number of subscribers to go on ahead with next year's club, and we missed the mark by a wide margin. Ra's Al Ghul and Batzarro will be the last two club figures in November and December. The four figures that they showed for next year's club (90s Aquman, Ice, Superboy, and Damian Wayne) will be released as quarterly exclusives on MattyCollector.com. The containment suit Doomsday will be next year's SDCC exclusive. After those figures are out, the line is done. :(

11. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

my latest Figuarts. Kamen Rider Super-1.

[​IMG]

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

found this in storage

[​IMG]

Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken 3 Circa 1997

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ocean Master looks awesome. I'll be picking up Ra's next month when he becomes available.

So I've had false starts before, but looks like next week I'll be ordering the Diamond Select Enterprise E ending my two and half year long wait. I am getting the First Contact version. Also will be ordering Faceless Joker.

14. cooleddie74

Another new 31" Jakks Pacific Star Wars collectible is about to hit.

I'd have much rather seen a classic OT Stormtrooper or, say, Darth Maul than this particular Clone Trooper, but he still looks really cool considering how much plastic and detailing you get for $30 or $40. If this line continues I'd love to see other classic characters get made. Can you imagine how tall a Chewbacca would be if they designed him to-scale with the other humanoid characters?

15. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

finally got Kamen Rider Wizard Infinity. i think this has some of the best detailing in the SH Figuarts line.

[​IMG]

16. OdoWanKenobi

I know nothing about this series, besides vaguely remembering it as Masked Rider years ago on Fox Kids. That is one seriously awesome looking figure, though. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything translucent and crystally.

17. cooleddie74

Same here. Unless I Googled it I couldn't tell you a thing about it, but the figures do look pretty detailed and very cool.

18. cooleddie74

Really looking forward to seeing what Kira's Mom and the Avengers have planned for Halloween since we're now just a handful of days away. :) In other news:

The Amazon.com-exclusive Droid Factory figures on unique cardbacks are about to ship.

I don't know if anyone here ordered them after learning they're online exclusives and are the only way to get Count Dooku's Pilot Droid (FA-4) from his solar sailer ship, but if you did then you should receive them soon. There are six figures in the Amazon line and, of course, you can build a seventh figure which is a protocol droid from The Clone Wars and Jabba's Palace.

ETA: Just Breaking!

The upcoming 6" regular Stormtrooper:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  19. cooleddie74

The two different heads for the new Sideshow Collectibles "Dark Contemplation" Mythos statue.

Hayden Christensen for a younger Vader during the early period after he is first encased in his life-support armor:

[​IMG]

Sebastian Shaw for an older Vader later in and at the very end of his life:

[​IMG]

20. OdoWanKenobi

The 60s Batman line from Mattel has been great. We've gotten Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, Caesar Romero as the Joker, Burgess Meredith as the Penguin, Frank Gorshin as the Riddler, and now some random woman as Catwoman:
    [​IMG]

Disappointing, really. They're been so on the mark with the likenesses so far, but I can't see any of Newmar in this one.