What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Enow, Aug 15, 2013.

1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The characters of Riker and Troi would absolutely have to be recast with new actors a couple of decades younger than the original actors.

:)

2. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A small group of former Starfleet officers who flipped to the Maquis were convicted of a crime they didn't commit. They escaped from prison and are on the run making their living as soldiers of fortune. If you have enough latinum, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire THE AWAY TEAM!

3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Enow, please don't post more than twice in succession - on this board it is considered spamming. You can use the Multi-Quote feature if you want to respond to more than one post.

That said, the Future of Trek forum is a better match for this thread, so I'm moving it there. :)

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

:guffaw:

5. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know Nemesis was 11 years ago but they might get away with it? You would hope that if they can make people to look Klingon, Cardassian they surely could knock a few years off of Frakes, Sirtis & Russ. :)

6. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Why Tim Russ?

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Pretty much the same here. Though I wouldn't mind a new animated series in a animation style similar to Clone Wars.

One thing I'd like, and they won't do it, is have a future Enterprise minus the -"letter". USS Enterprise, NCC-<randomnumber>. It was nice withe the "-A", though even as early as TNG when they announce the "-D", I was thinking it was goofy.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Tuvok is part of the crew in the Titan novel series.

9. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

He sure is, I'm on the 3rd Titan book at the moment.

10. T'Girl

Any Titan series should be independant of the novels.

Riker and Troi yes, but beyond them the production team should have a free hand with new characters and situations

I'd like the Titan to be a Promethus general style of starship, but a good deal smaller than the ship in that Voyager episode. I like smaller ships, crew of 80 or so people.

Have them mine materials that can't be replicated.

In addition to the main characters, I would want to see a rotating group of reoccuring characters, people like Ro, Barclay, and early O'Brien. People you would see once or twice a season (providing you can get the actor).

11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

That's exactly what I meant by reoccurring characters, they're not in every episode, but do pop up again now and then.

12. T'Girl

(I was agreeing with you)

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Why do they call it fan fiction anyway? That implies that the canonical material is non-fiction.

Is there really a big difference between fan material and canonical material, I mean, other than budget and average quality level? They're both equally 'fictitious', they're both equally just some person's interpretation of the same universe.

Anyway, I wouldn't want main characters from other series to be part of the main cast of a new series. I'd want a totally new cast, and then it'd be fun to see old characters make guest appearances now and then.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

D'oh!
    :lol:
    Not at all. Fan fiction is just a story based off an already established property written by fans mainly for their own personal enjoyment. Fan fiction can vary widely in quality from a level ready for major book publishing to a level that's really unreadable.
    I think a negative connotation some people may have with fanfics is that some can indeed be extremely self-indulgent, incorporating things just the author wants to see with little or no restraint (the most famous were TOS fanfics--or slash--that were mostly about Kirk and Spock as lovers, frequently having very graphic sex with one another; other types of fanfics tend to go overboard with the technology, featuring over-the-top starships with over-the-top weaponry and other systems; and the term "Mary Sue" was used a lot to describe a fanfic character that outshined the established characters).

Of course, not all fanfics are like this. Some keep well within the spirit of the original source material and could easily stand beside works by professional authors.

15. T'Girl

The term fan fiction is also used to separate stories from "pro fiction."

There may not be money in the Federation, but the pro writers want to get paid.

16. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Ideas like these have been tossed around for as long as this board has been around. If the writers and producers were to create another Trek spin-off, I would prefer a next, next generation type of show set a century or two after Nemesis. New era, new characters, new cast members, new ship's name (no more Enterprise), and new adventures. Start fresh while staying true to Trek traditions.

17. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Totally agree.

I always envisioned the Titan as a Nebula-Class myself.

A new Trek series would be best in the Prime Universe at most a decade after the Dominion War.

18. ixfd64

ixfd64 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

1. An official Phase II
    2. A series that takes place in the 25th century (per another thread)
    3. A series that takes place in the 30th century
    4. A greater focus on exploration rather than inter-species politics
    5. A greater focus on diversity (such as a non-human captain)
    6. Spin-off series (maybe one with a non-human crew as main characters)

19. Xip

Xip Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mmm, I'm not sure if I'd like a spinn-off. I think it's better to let fan fiction writers take care of that. (there is decent fan fiction out there, you just have to squint a little). I'm all for a non-human crew though, especially a race like the andorians. Vulcans, Klingons and Romulans got a little boring imho.

Something I would really like to happen is a new series taking place at the academy. There's so little known about that part of the star trek universe.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like a total re-imagining set on a world in which the major races - humans, Vulcans, Klingons, Romulans, and assorted mongrel tribes - all evolved on different continents, none connected by land (except the Vulcan/Romulan ones), so they have to sail around to interact/fight/explore.

So basically a sail-powered Rome/Game of Thrones type show with the Trek races, and without all that pesky enlightened humanism stuff. (Not that I don't love that about Trek, but I'd like to see this too.)

... Or, a Mirror Universe show, picking up from where "Mirror, Mirror" leaves off. It could take inspiration from the background events of Shatner's Mirror trilogy, but the main characters should all be MU ones, and the very existence of the Prime Universe a highly forbidden urban legend few if any really believe in.