What Do You Want To See In Next Star Trek TV Series?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Enow, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Enow

Enow Lieutenant Red Shirt

What do you want to see in the next Star Trek TV Series?

I would like to see a rogue Prometheus Class Starship equipped with a Pegasus cloaking devise commandeered by rag tag band of buccanneers, headed by a jovial Klingon Captain with no ties nor loyalty to anyone but themselves but yet have an air of cowboy diplomacy and even an occasional act of good samaritans when the occasion presents itself. They like to explore lost civilizations to look for treasures and even mine other planets for valuable resources like gold, diamonds, and others, but yes, they "stole" that starship before it was even commissioned, right out of the Shipyard at Utopia Planetia because the Klingon Captain believed Starfleet owed them one for the loss of their former ship called "The Golgotha" due to an accident which was Starfleet's fault.

On the run from Starfleet, this rag tag band of buccanneers had "abducted" a few Starfleet personnel in the process only because they did not know there was a skeletal crew onboard the ship when they had "stolen" it.

As time goes on, some of the skeletal crew will try to escape, some will sacrifice their freedom to help others escape, and some will just fail to escape throughout the series while eventually, due to the myriad of adventures, a few of the remaining skeletal crewmembers will develop an affinity for their captors ( Stockholm's Syndrome ) and slowly become loyal members of the crew.

But Starfleet was bound and determined to rescue them as one Starship Captain hope to reunite with his beloved fiancee, a Vulcan/Betazoid Counselor, whom was visiting the ship at the time to track down a "patient" that refused to meet with her for counselling whom she will eventually discover that he happens to be her long lost brother.

Anyway: that is the gist of it. It would be different, and I think kinda fun to see, but that is just me, I guess.

What do you all want to see in the next Star Trek TV series?

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

#1 thing: A series that takes place after the conclusion of DS9/Voyager.

I've got my own idea for what the series would be, I'm sure we all do. Basically post-DS9 the Federation has started becoming more military minded and paranoid of other races, and the main group breaks away from the Federation to rebel against this trend and try to bring it back to its idealistic roots.

Also the captain is a Muslim and the doctor is a double-amputee with replicator hands. And there's a bolian, and a genetically engineered girl who decided to work for the Romulans because she was denied employment on Earth and is thus considered a traitor. And a Klingon guy and Romulan woman who are rebels from their own governments and lovers.

Not that I've spent a lot of time thinking about this or anything. :bolian:

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

After seven-hundred plus hours of Star Trek, I don't think I want another series. I'm happy with a big-budget, big-screen outing every three or four years.

Essentially, I'm still burned-out from the mid-90's glut.

4. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'd like to see a 25th-Century series featuring a new Enterprise-H. I don't mind a few occasional references to things that happened earlier (in the same way TNG occasionally referenced TOS once in a blue moon), but I definitely think it should be focused on the present.

Basically, I'd like its premise to take the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) approach and just feature a ship patrolling and exploring the edge of Federation space with a small but diverse group of main characters (no more than five, with extra reoccurring characters only when needed). I'd rather have new stories developed from the new situations and characters of this era. It should also reintroduce the concept of the occasional conflict from within.

Oh, and there probably should be some women in miniskirt uniforms & go-go boots; space battles, chases, & major fist fights when things periodically go south for our heroes; and bug-eyed, man-eating monsters now and then--just to keep things lively and to keep it from becoming too pretentious.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I want to see Kate Mulgrew with her Red haircut/colour (Orange is the New Black) and her NTSF:SUV attitude and her touching people's arms deal playing a bitter fucked up Romulan ex-Orion syndicate Madam.

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

That will only last until they figure out how to use the replicators.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Shouldn't this be in the future of trek forum?

8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

More like the Fan Fiction forum.

9. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to see a Titan series, based around the events just after Nemesis, involving the battle for power on Romulas. The best TNG episodes always included the romulans.

Or possibly a post dominion war series, with the Federation having to rebuild after the losses they suffered.

10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Give it time, it'll be there soon enough.
    :)

11. Enow

There's some good ideas there. Are these ideas open for free use by anyone?

I reckon I should also state that the creators of this new TV series are also welcome to take my ideas or modify them to help facilitate the creation of this new show.

12. Enow

Nah. They are an outgoing group that prefers the adventurous life in space. Besides, even replicators will run out of source materials to replicate items from.

13. Enow

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully, a fresh approach to the show may help renew a continual interest to watch it.

14. Enow

Interesting. Whom you would like to see star in this series? The reason I ask is that if one keeps to a similar format, then it would need spice in the casting, I would think: and notable ones too. Like Taylor Swift and Summer Glau. I may be wrong, but I bet it would draw more attention to the onset of the show to get a fanbase going when there are already fans of those performers in the series.

Hmm.. more like showing off the casting amount of the TOS rather than the casting amount of STNG?

Be interesting to see how they would bring back the miniskirts. Any fans made any photomanipulations of such a future uniform to be used for this new series?

I kinda like the midriff part of the uniforms in Star Trek Enterprise in the episode "In the Mirror Darkly" for the women. I wonder how that would go with the miniskirt?

And I do wonder what the women in Starfleet would say about it when the men are wearing more coverings over their bodies for away missions than they are, thus susceptible to any parasites and any possible allergic reactions to anything touching their skin?

I can see it as something they can wear on a ship, but to be ready to go at the drop of a hat, I would think any female that would be assigned on an away team would be dressed in a jumpsuit type uniform that they have been wearing in STNG so that they would be ready to go at any time.

But if the series is geared towards entertainment as per eye candy results, I don't think Trekkies would complain as long as the quality of the stories and likeable characters are in place.

15. Enow

I don't know why, but I would like to see some version of that dark Captain Janeway and Voyager as depicted in "Living Witness" episode in the fourth season in popping out of nowhere as they made a boo boo in ther attempt to get home faster from the Delta Quadrant, they winded up in a universe not their own, but in the Alpha Quadrant at last.

That would be an interesting movie to see.

16. Enow

Ooops.

Anybody got Leonard Nimoy's phone number so we can ask him to slip into character and give us the time travelling formula to ship this thread out of this sub-forum by hurtling it around the sun back in time to temporally place the thread in its appropriate sub forum?

Or is that too much trouble?

17. Enow

The ideas generated here could go there, providing the members do not mind fanfiction writers using their ideas.

18. Enow

I really believe that if that were to be the preferential idea for this new show by the creators, it would need spice in the casting like Taylor Swift or Summer Glau.

Whom would you like to see in this TV series of yours?

19. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hadn't thought that far ahead, The Titan series would obviously have Frakes, Sirtis & Tim russ with some of the old TNG characters making guest appearances.

I would like to see the post Ds9 series to be a lot darker, in a similar mold to Ron Moore's BSG. Possibly with some of the old DS9 characters, O'Brien, Bashir, Worf.

20. Enow

That would be great if they can get Frakes, Sirtis, and Russ. One can hope that Frakes is willing to go back and forth alot between being a director & an actor in the series.