Ideal Ship and Bridge.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by golddragon71, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That second one is terrifying :lol:. Lt. Wicket, ready the Photon Torpedos! ...or whatever it is this ship fires...

2. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The forest ship of Endor.

:)

3. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

The way those things breed, you'd have to abandon ship after three days. There would be any room for you there.

4. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

The bridge of the original 1701 looks like a toy
    The bridge in the new movies looks like a hospital
    The bridge of the 1701-D looks like a hotel
    The bridge of the Defiant looks too cramped
    The NX-01 bridge is too grey and metallic.
    The bridge of the 1701-refit and 1701-A look ok I guess, but the blue/green displays are ugly.

The Voyager and 1701-E bridges are the best. They look roomy, colorful, and functional all at the same time.

5. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

It fires logs. They're remarkably effective, too, it's just that no one can explain what exactly the rope that swings them to the enemy ship when they come out of the torpedo tube is tied to on the other end.... :confused:

6. Chronos

Chronos Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'd prefer a sovereign-class ship with a bridge in the layout of those found in a constitution-class but about 15% larger and in an aesthetic style closer to the sovereign-class. The viewscreen would also be expanded to encompass the forward 180° for a much wider field of view and the two stations in front of the captain's chair would be split like they are in the sovereign-class. On the ceiling would be a majestic fresco of our galaxy in the style of Michaelangelo's The Last Judgment.

I hope I'm not being too picky.

7. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well the important thing is that Ewok forces have proven much more effective in battling the Borg than regular Starfleet methods. Plus at the celebratory feast you get that one Ewok who plays drums on severed Borg head. They just get cranky when they can't build a bonfire in messhall due to fire safety regulations.

8. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The ideal ship is the USS Prometheus.

The bridge would be stellar cartography from Generations, suspended in large bubble shaped chamber, the "viewscreen" would be in all directions.

:)

9. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ambassador with the TFF bridge.

10. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

You're a Star Trek fan (I assume). If you're not being too picky, you're doing it wrong.;):bolian:

11. Chronos

Chronos Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In that case, I'd like a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror, too. :rommie:

12. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Where will you but the mirror?

13. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

NX01 Enterprise surprisingly to me, doesn't get much love. I know the show itself is polarizing, but I think NX01 is an pretty cool looking ship with a cool bridge. I have always liked the external design, and I think the bridge and other sets really look probably the most "real life" as far as Star Trek ships are concerned (meaning as far as a made up ship can be "realistic looking). And the external design of ship itself really does look like a predecessor of the TOS Constitution class to me. I think a lot of thought and heart went into its design, and the NX 01 is totally under appreciated and underrated.

14. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I'm down with the USS Oculus Rift.

Going to warp might make you spacesick, though.

15. golddragon71

golddragon71 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It's funny I was watching the Menagerie remastered as i was ripping my TOS-R Season 1 DVDs and it suddenly struck me how similar the color scheme on the bridge is in the cage compared to how the refit bridge looks in TMP

16. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For many years I actually thought it was deliberate, but as I understand it now it was Bob Wise coming in and deciding he wanted to desaturate the color palette. So it may have been a coincidence (unless Wise saw "The Menagerie" during his research and decided he liked the look better).

17. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

I like the TOS bridge right now.

18. Starborn Dragon

Starborn Dragon Captain

It would be a toss up between TMP, Voyage Home, B, and E.

The biggest thing that draws me to the D and E though would be the holodecks, not the bridge.

If I had a ship like the D or the E I would turn of all the hull lights, and park it in a strategic orbit around the earth to where I could have access to the internet and the MMOs I play, and play the MMOs in the holodecks.

With all the resources that ship has to offer, I would spend the rest of my life there.

19. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

I'd go for a refit Excelsior-class ship - like the Lakota, with all the upgraded bits & bobs - with an Enterprise-A bridge from TUC.

20. golddragon71

golddragon71 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always kind of thought that I could swap out a couple of briefing rooms for a holodeck on my ship.