Viewing Order

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by allstar77, Sep 18, 2014.

1. allstar77

allstar77 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm rerwatching Trek From the beginning in a chronological order. I like Phase II and Continues, and want to include them, but where?

I'm thinking TOS, Continues, TAS, and Phase II. Trivial yes, but curious if anyone else has a comment.

2. TRP

TRP Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

why wouldn't you take note of the star dates mentioned in each episode, and arrange them chronologically using that method?

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

If by TOS stardates:

"Kitumba"' (2623.3) is weirdly back in TOS season one territory, between "The Squire of Gothos" and "What are Little Girls Made Of?"

Farragut's "The Captaincy" lands in TOS season 2, between "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "By Any Other Name".

Continues "Fairest of Them All" has no stardate, but picks up right at the end of second season "Mirror Mirror", so would be immediately after that.

Farragut's "For Want of a Nail" (4847.3) and Exeter's "The Savage Empire" (4946) would occur in that order between "The Paradise Syndrome" and "And the Children Shall Lead". "The Tressaurian Intersection" (5713) would be between "Wink of An Eye" and "Whom Gods Destroy".

The rest would take place after TOS ends, and in this order (guessing where the "unknown" stardate eps would land).

Farragut "The Price of Anything" (5133.4)
    NV/P2 "Come What May" (6010.1)
    NV/P2 "In Harms Way" (unknown)
    NV/P2 "To Serve All My Days" (6021.2)
    NV/P2 "World Enough and Time" (unknown)
    TAS "How Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth" (6063.4)
    Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity" (6147.3)
    Continues "Lolani" (6154.1)
    NV/P2 "Blood and Fire (6429.2)
    Farragut "Conspiracy of Innocence" (6594.3)
    TAS "The Counter-Clock Incident" (6770.3)
    NV/P2 "Enemy Starfleet" (7232.5)
    NV/P2 "The Child" (9717.7)

You can sort in The Animated Series yourselves.;)

4. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't know what ST: Excalibur's vignette has for a stardate, but it obviously takes place some months after season 2's ''The Ultimate Computer'' episode...

5. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

I'm disinclined to use stardates. They are meaningless. (Well, we can't divine their meaning from back in 2014.) I n
    note that animated episode "The Magicks of Megas-Tu" has the earliest stardate of all the episodes--TOS or TAS (1254.4).

Our episodes in "in-universe" order are:

"Come What May"
    "In Harm's Way"
    "No Win Scenario"
    "To Serve All My Days"
    "Center Seat"
    "World Enough and Time" (It was also mentioned that the Romulan cloaking device from "The Enterprise Incident" had been obtained by the Federation "18 months ago."
    "Blood and Fire"
    "Enemy: Starfleet!"
    "The Child"
    "Kitumba"
    "Boldly Going"
    "Bread and Savagery"
    "The Holiest Thing"

I would watch our episodes in the above order.

The oddity we will be facing is that James seems to have decided to set "Mind-Sifter" back during the TOS three year mission. I'm not sure exactly when it's supposed to be, except that we seem to have meet Kor (from "Errand of Mercy") and we know about The Guardian (from "City on the Edge of Forever"). And, no doubt, folks will find some anachronisms. (I think Scotty still had his P2 Commander braid rather than his TOS Lieutenant Commander stripes. Woops.)

I'm not sure when other productions are meant to be taking place.

6. Maurice

Updated to include that and Valiant and the animated Farragut shows.

If by TOS stardates:

"Kitumba"' (2623.3) is weirdly back in TOS season one territory, between "The Squire of Gothos" and "What are Little Girls Made Of?"

Farragut's "The Captaincy" lands in TOS season 2, between "The Trouble with Tribbles" and "By Any Other Name".

Continues "Fairest of Them All" has no stardate, but picks up right at the end of second season "Mirror Mirror", so would be immediately after that.

Farragut's "For Want of a Nail" (4847.3) and Exeter's "The Savage Empire" (4946) would occur in that order between "The Paradise Syndrome" and "And the Children Shall Lead". "The Tressaurian Intersection" (5713) would be between "Wink of An Eye" and "Whom Gods Destroy".

The rest would take place after TOS ends, and in this order (guessing where the "unknown" stardate eps would land).

Farragut "The Price of Anything" (5133.4)
    Excalibur "Homecoming"(5834.6)
    NV/P2 "Come What May" (6010.1)
    NV/P2 "In Harms Way" (unknown)
    NV/P2 "To Serve All My Days" (6021.2)
    NV/P2 "World Enough and Time" (unknown)
    Farragut Animated "The Needs of the Many" (6047.1)
    Farragut Animated "Power Source" (6050.5)

TAS "How Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth" (6063.4)
    Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity" (6147.3)
    Continues "Lolani" (6154.1)
    NV/P2 "Blood and Fire (6429.2)
    Farragut "Conspiracy of Innocence" (6594.3)
    TAS "The Counter-Clock Incident" (6770.3)
    NV/P2 "Enemy Starfleet" (7232.5)
    NV/P2 "The Child" (9717.7)
    Secret Voyage "Whose Birth These Triumphs Are" and "Rise of the Gondgdea" (unknown) supposedly take place after the end of the Enterprise's 5 year mission, so would be after all the Phase 2 stuff I guess.

Starship Valiant "Legacy" (unknown)

You can sort in The Animated Series yourselves.;)

7. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I think someone over on the Hidden Frontier board did a timeline with all the Fan Series. This was several years ago, don't know if it's been updated.

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

9. allstar77

Stardates had no real consistency before TNG.

Secret Voyage would be hard to reconcile sine Phase II began modifying the Enterprise. While I enjoy most fan productions, that's why limited the question to Star Trek Continues and Phase II.

10. Maurice

If you care about logical continuity then Star Trek and fanfims about it may be the wrong place to look. :)

11. allstar77

Thank you, but I believe I stated that in my original post.

12. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Since both are separate 'Year 4's we don't know where they go but I'm (for now) calling Continues Season 4 and NV/Phase II Season 5.

I've placed the first two episodes each of Exeter and Farragut during Season 2, Episode 3 and the Animated Farragut are after Season 3

13. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I think - though I'm not sure - that Jimm Johnson provided the stardate for "The Tressaurian Intersection." I assumed when I was writing it that it took place later than "The Tholian Web," and the stardate is consistent with that.

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

So I take it that we'll be seeing the pre-PII refit E make it's appearance.

15. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Yes, it'll be a TOS Enterprise. And the other thing we'll probably do to reflect that this is a TOS-era story and not a P2 era story is to use our old "New Yoyages" credits rather than our "Phase II" credits

16. Newtrek

Newtrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

What was going on with the original crew of the Starship Enterprise while Starfleet's flagship awaited her refit. Find out by listening to the novel "The Lost Years" by J.M. Dillard. This is the timeline that gave Star Trek Secret Voyage it's premise to use the famous ship and a new crew.
    http://youtu.be/V732r_U5kvI

Star Trek - The Lost Years Part 1
    After the end of the Enterprise's five-year mission, Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, and Dr. McCoy struggle to...