Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Today was the best episode this season! The Communist cars special, and then the best ever in-depth car review of a normal everyday Ford Fiesta!

2. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the communistical feature! But I had to mute the sound on the TV when Boris was on.

:D

3. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Loved the communistical thing they looked like they were really having fun and James giving as good as he got in the race he really his shining this series.

4. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I truly hate how personable Boris is, considering he's such an idiot.

Really enjoyed the Fiesta review.

5. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope Mr Needen (whatever his name was) is happy with his Fiesta review :rommie:

Best of the season yet, May and Clarkson make a much better duo than Hammond and either of them.

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Excellent episode, the commie-car test was fun, the star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car segment (which I usually skip because I hardly know any of those British "celebrities") was actually entertaining, and the Fiesta-test was funny too. ;)

7. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Agreed this was the best of the series. When Clarkson had the Morris car my dad yelled out "I had one of those! It'd get you anywhere in 3rd gear!" and then looked sad when they set fire to it.

And the Fiesta review... well, a great homage to the old programme. The most extensive car review ever, surely?

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Another awesome ep. The show has been firing on all cylinders this season.

9. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Very funny episode as always. I was in auditory heaven when Clarkson was being chased by the Corvette in the mall. Gotta love the roar of the LS3!!! :devil: And me and bro laughed our asses of at the Marines invasion bit :guffaw:

10. The Squire of Gothos

They trash quite a few cars from the 70s, there have to be quite a few classics fans out there gritting their teeth at all that :lol:

11. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

You may care to check out the 'Fast Marina Magazine' forum (I am not making this up) where a gang of enraged Marina owners - including the guy who sold the them that Marina in the first place - are currently vowing fiery vengeance upon Clarkson and May.

12. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

'My' first car - in the sense that it was the first car that I had access to as a driver - was a Marina.

And it was crap. I mean, it got me from A to B, which is the minimum you expect from a car. But beyond that, there was nothing remotely good about it, so I can't imagine why anyone would get up in arms about Top Gear torching one.

But then, this is a country where we have Allegro fan clubs, so it doesn't altogether surprise me...

13. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

The Fiesta review was gold from beginning to end. And what's up with Captain Slow suddenly getting all speedy this series? I mean, I approve, cause I really like May, but just wonder where this love of speed has been hiding up 'til now.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Well he did have lessons from that Scottish woman a few series back. :lol:

15. Serial thread killer

Its on at 9 this week then the BBC will miss a week then there is a 75 minutes special on 28dec.

16. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

I love the specials. My fav is probably the North Pole trip, with crossing Africa a close second (mainly due to Hammond's "relationship" with his car "Oliver"). I take it this year's special is the Vietnam trip?

17. Serial thread killer

Thats right there in vietnam.
    I also love the specials north pole is my fav then africa.
    I went off the USA one when they fake the bit where they were being chased out of town.

18. The Squire of Gothos

I just caught the first programme on catch up TV, Communist Stig was mentioned.

Just realised I forgot to ask anyone to tape tonight's episode though :rolleyes:

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, you'll miss May getting his pork sword out...

20. Serial thread killer

If you missed it can't you watch it on i player.
    I thought i would find this one boring but enjoyed it apart from Tom Jones i think it needs to be moved to 9pm because they can get away with a bit more.