Does Voyager end up in its original universe?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Melakon, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He thought that he couldn't morally and ethically watch it online.

Stupid Star Trek online giving away shit for free that I spent decades and thousands of dollars chasing, and finally risked and continue to risk at least 10 years in Federal prison until I put my home burnt DVDs out with the trash.

2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    There is that, but much as I enjoyed Xena, it always had a layer of angst thrown in that I didn't care to have in a show. I preferred the more lighthearted Hercules overall. And, I never cottoned to Gabrielle, no fault to Rene, the character just never rose above annoying girl to me. Joxer, for all his ridiculousness, was easier to tolerate and even more believable as a soul mate of Xena to boot.

3. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Gabrielle. She reminds me of Kes in some way.

4. Guy Gardener

It's odd watching her grow up. In the beginning you just want to save her from all the monsters, and by even the middle she's holding you down barking orders that you stop squirming like a little #####.

This is why you don't marry young.

Sweet and innocent hardly ever lasts.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, that is why you marry ones that die at 9!

Kes is the dream woman for men that have sweet and innocent on their woman pedestal.

6. Guy Gardener

If you want to pervert the honesty of the show, sure.

But Kes is not a child.

Her species is living their entire life in microcosm (Or we are living ours in macrocosm?).

The period where a "girl" (young woman? Child in bloom?) is sweet and innocent, and a little dim, and thin, and looks like she's between the age of 16 and 18... Which for a human if they work very hard to preserve that state can last maybe 8 years... That zone (strikezone?) which old creeps aim for, with an Ocampa relatively lasts about a month and a half.

ZOOM!

They speed towards 22 in the first year and a half.

Linger there for the next 5 years.

Then there's a might quick drop off to gray haggard grandma land, until the last couple final months as a mentally fatigued geriatric until Boom she's a dead ######fucker.

Trying to do it with an Ocampan adolescent, while they are still an adolescent is like trying to shoot a roadrunner with a bb gun from 190 feet.

7. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

And aaaaaaall of a sudden this thread too has turned into a "bash and throw dirt at Kes" thread.

Reminds me about an old woman I remember from my childhood who turned every discussion she had with everyone into a hate manifestation against a certain neighbor.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

What are you upset about? I started the thread and I've already seen it derail into a Buffy discussion and now for some reason it's veered into Kes.

9. teacake

It's just like the thread title, no Voyager does NOT end up in it's original universe!

10. Melakon

Every thread on this board seems to veer into its own alternate universe. It's like that old Twilight Zone episode "Shadow Play", with Dennis Weaver. The faces are always the same, but they always play different roles.

11. Guy Gardener

How is it bashing Kes to access that she is poor stock for pedos?

12. Gov Kodos

With the way Kirk played fast and loose with the timelines, is it fair to say Janeway mucked up anything that wasn't already bollocksed?

It's what we do best.

Picture Neelix like George Kennedy in 'Cool Hand Luke' going on about his 'Sweet Lucile' picture every time he's talking to Kes. That's going through his mind.

13. teacake

My point wasn't about Kes but about people who think her innocence and sweetness makes her an ideal woman. It's gross and it's creepy, not the sweetness but when it gets sexualized and pedestal-ized.

14. Gov Kodos

Indeed, she's Neelix's sweet Lucile, and it is creepy and bizarre.

15. teacake

Now here's something. When I'm reading a book written in pot boiler style I can hear the pounding of the manual typewriter keys with each word. I feel like that noise has influenced the staccato style of the writing.

16. Guy Gardener

I thought she looked pretty giving birth.

17. Melakon

Let me guess. It's late, there's a half bottle of wine in the icebox, and a breeze outside blows a branch against your window. Tap, tap, tap. You furrow your brow, trying to ignore the sound, as you tap, tap, tap on your old Remington Quiet-Riter, content that you seamlessly blend the old with the new, as you skim the thread, when a sudden movement outside the window catches your eye. Tap, tap, tap.

18. Gov Kodos

Time for Calvin and Tracer Bullet, PI.

19. teacake

Okay I just watched the wedding episode and it was

The MOST DEPRESSING TELEVISION I've ever seen. When it started I was thinking "this is going to be adorable.." oh oh, awful and why doesn't that ridiculous boy grow up UGH. Need tissues.

Please no spoilers.

I wish Trek had the emotional impact season 6 has delivered.

20. Guy Gardener

A competent villain, season long arcs , continuity and sustained development.

It was damn obvious that people were "making" Voyager in season five with only the season 1 Bible for reference that was put together before the pilot.