Emilia Clarke cast as Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doubleohfive, Dec 14, 2013.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The whole premise of T1 and T2 was that Skynet simply didn't have enough time for any elaborate tricks. It only had time to send ONE T-800 and ONE T-1000. And then Skynet was defeated.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the (12 issue maxiseries) Terminator comic being written by J. Michael Straczynski RIGHT NOW (issue 5 came out a week ago.) Skynet is aware that it was predestined to send the T-800 and the T-1000 back and that the humans thought it was going to lose momentarily, enough scraps of informaiton made it's way to the present that Skynet created the illusion that it was losing for the human witnesses being sent back so that it would be in a superb postion to rally after the humans left behind had been lulled into a false sense of security.

John Connor has this momet where he's thinking, well daddy has been sent back so, fuck, I have no idea what's going to happen next, I'm finally in the dark just like everyone else... Which is similar to the discussion Lineer had with Delenn about how they couldn't have fath in Valin's plan anymore, becuase Valin only knew what Commander Sinclair knew and that this was months after his departure into the deep past to found their religion and win the last great war.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That absolutely undermines the point of the films.

4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The comics often do.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just watched Salvation for the first time and I actually really enjoyed it. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Emilia Clarke and Arnie's return (well beyond being a CGI face in Salvation), I am kind of disappointed we aren't getting at least one more movie in that setting.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Really?

7. Guy Gardener

Don't be mean.

The JMS comic has a lot of focus on Helen Bonham carter's character.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So does some of it take place pre Judgement Day then?

9. Guy Gardener

Judgement Day moves.

It's as slippery as a hog rubbed down in bacon grease.

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Seeing as how the movie's Johhn actor is significant older than its Sarah, I think we can assume some time shenanigans.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

You know, I really like it too. It was better than that shitfest that was T3. :shrug:

12. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Hummm, I find T3 quite entertaining. Salvation on the other hand bored me in many many ways. Acting, action etc.

I'd rank them this way

T2
    T1
    T3
    The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Terminator Salvation

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I did a survey about certain elements in the film, and one of the things it asked about was recreating scenes from the first film but putting a new spin on them.

14. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know what you wrote. The question is, why would you think she's supposed to look like Linda Hamilton from T2? The film seems to be covering the part of the story where Kyle Reese is still alive.

So, if it exists as a word, what does it mean? It can't mean "regardless", because it doesn't make sense - "irregardless" should mean the opposite of "regardless", just as "irrespective" is the opposite of "respective" or "irresponsible" is the opposite of "responsible"! So, it should mean... regarding? With regard to? If I say that something is "not untrue" or make up the word "nonincorrect", that means I'm saying it's correct/true, right? I mean... non-wrong? Non-unwrong? Non-unimwrong? Non-unimwrongless? :vulcan:

If I have been fucked by you, I never noticed. Maybe you just aren't memorable... :evil:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  15. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

"Irregardless" means the same as "regardless" - just like "literally" now means the same as "figuratively." ;)

16. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It's adorable that you're trying to act like English, especially spoken English, is a perfectly logical language. Some of my favorite examples follow.

Since there's no time like the present, I guess this was a great time to present this present to you.

If lawyers are disbarred, and clergymen defrocked, does it not follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, or models deposed? Laundry workers could decrease, eventually becoming depressed and depleted. Heck, bed makers could be debunked, baseball players debased, landscapers deflowered, software engineers detested, underwear manufacturers debriefed, and even musicians could decompose.

There's no egg in eggplant, no pine or apple in pineapple.
    Quicksand works slowly; boxing rings are square. Hammers don't ham, grocers don't groce. And why don't haberdashers haberdash?

A writer writes, but do fingers fing?

So yeah, keep whining about irregardless. It's clearly the only issue the language has.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Terminator: Time Shenanigans.

I'm beginning to suspect you don't know what I wrote. I wrote, when I think of Sarah Connor I think of Linda Hamilton from T2 and Sarah from the TV show. In other words, I think of someone who looks like they can hold a gun.

I get WHEN the movie taking place, I get WHICH Sarah Connor we may be dealing with, I'm saying, AGAIN, when I think of Sarah Connor, I don't think of either the whiney one from T1 or what looks like a 14 year old girl who looks ridiculous holding a gun.

I prefer my Sarah Connor more badass.

Get it now?

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

We drive on parkways and park on driveways. What's up with that?

19. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree just like Flammable and inflammable mean opposite things.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was actually asking about the Salvation sequel comic here, not the new movie. It looks like I should have been clearer about that.