Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Yeah, I'm sure that was a misquote. However, you could probably ramp up pretty fast using xp from the Duty Officer assignments in addition to completing regular missions. I run 21 to 23 DOFF assignments concurrently and draw a lot of xp from that.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it can be confusing so you have to look carfully. But I decided to see what I could get in dilithium by using the amount of C-store points I will get a month after F2P goes live and I can get up to over 100,000 refined dilithium doing that so assuming people will actually spend that I can get a lot without having to pay actual money.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

If you haven't gotten the featured episode goodies yet their doing a rerun again.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

To add to Hartzilla's post above: The Featured Episode series reruns start tomorrow and will continue through November 30th.

For anyone who doesn't already know what the special rewards are:

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

A question I should probably know the answer to, since I maxed out ages ago, but to complete the featured episodes and get those rewards, do I have to do anything beyond going to the bridge and repeating those missions?

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That should do it. May also be able to get it from the main mission screen, think there's a Featured Episodes tab there now...

Anyone know if they're going to re-link the rewards properly this time? The first time they showed up, you'd get the 'featured' reward plus the choice of a few other items. Last time they re-ran them, same choices were there, but you didn't automatically get the first one. So, for example, if you did the last Breen episode and would have gotten a piece of the Breen set plus the Breen BO, you'd get your choice, but not both. Not a huge deal, just meant you had to re-run certain parts of the series a couple times if you wanted the whole reward...

7. PsychoPere

Not sure about that. D'Angelo did say that anyone who already has one of those special rewards will get a "bag of emblems" as the special reward instead.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, fine with all that, as I've got the Breen BOFF, for example. I was thinking more of the first time I ran the Devidian series (missed the 'live' time). You could get the cane OR the type 3 phaser (think that was the combo), but if you had run it at the time, you got the cane PLUS the phaser. Just meant you had to do certain parts a couple times, which was annoying on the longer ones. Like the damned Breen one that's really just about flying from one end of the map to the other 5 times. Not too bad for the VA character, damned annoying at the lower levels in a T2 ship with no slipstream drive... :(

9. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

And as has been pointed out by our dear Quartermaster... that's 1701.
    Cleverly chosen, even though people wanted it to happen this year...

11. PsychoPere

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I guess, although only Europeans are going to get that joke, as it's 0117 here, a little less funny. Just glad they picked a date, I guess, rather than telling us "soon" for another 3 months.

Not really promising that it slipped so far, though. I mean, based on how the Beta is going, they clearly needed more time/rethinking, so better than trying to meet a date and killing the game, but this now means that instead of getting out ahead of the new Star Wars TOR game, it'll be out a month later...

13. PsychoPere

Dev Blog #21 is now up. Gold member stipends will begin next month, and the then-current Tribble build will apparently be transferred to Holodeck sometime between December 1 and 8. I'm not sure that's a good idea; there are still things that need to be addressed, which hopefully will be over the remainder of this month, but it seems smarter to me to keep working on the live F2P build right up until the January 17 date.

On another note, a few days ago I noticed that Vedek robes had appeared in the Tailor options for Off-Duty Costumes. Since I haven't seen an announcement or mention from Cryptic devs about this, I'm assuming it was an early accident that will be related to the DS9 FE when that comes.

14. Rocketeer

My Main toon got the Breen Tac twice, on the original run and the replay. I think I sold or used the first one. However, I kept the second. I did not hold both at the same time though, so don't know if that's possible. Also, any rules there were in place before may not be working now. Have to wait and see...

15. Rocketeer

DOFF system

Has anyone notice the rare nurse that's available from Lt Ferra?

Also check out the picture for the rare Astrometrics Scientist in Exploration.

I'm at 26k on Diplomatic, 7.5k Military, 5k Medical, 2k Colonial, 2k Trade, 4k Development (broken), 3k Recruitment.

16. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bit longer wait still. I am very happy that this one goes free to play, though:techman:
    Looking forward of getting my own ship and crew.
    Though, I might get stuck to the character creator for hour or two first, creating toons being so much fun in MMOs.

17. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Glad its now free to play. Shame its not available during the Christmas holidays.

18. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, it does sound like another paid beta test if they plan on pushing the build in December like that.

19. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Wow, that's a crazy level of updates. Looks like they're really pushing to get it ready for next month now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.