New (STXI) Enterprise Show Off

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kruezerman, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I made something... please don't laugh too hard, I'm new at this game.

Here y'all go.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lovely vid :) :techman:

3. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing, Kruezerman!

4. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

Looks good to me, Kruezerman!

(By the way, is your username: Kruezerman, because you drive a PT Cruiser?)

5. Kruezerman

Nah, a girl called me "Kruezer" because my last name is Cruz. It just stuck.

Thanks y'all, I wanna do more but this stuff is tough!

6. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

Great!

Getting a bit tired of the over-abundance of Original series stuff.
    It seems any video poster worth their salt just wants to re-tread a path very well trodden with giving us yet more glory shots of the TOS design.

Nice to see the new movie era getting some love, hopefully now the bunfight over the new movie has died down this design will be seen as the great piece of art it is, instead of biased opinions based on the quality of the movie.

The end was crying out for a jump to warp though, it's not a proper glory shot unless it ends with the power and glory of the warp shot! :techman:

Nice job overall though, subscribed ;)

7. Kruezerman

Thanks!

It's fanboyism, I'm sure it was the same when the E-D came out or the E^2.

Maybe it's because I'm young, but I loved it! The new Enterprise is such a radical design, it's curvy instead of straight edged.

I actually had a backstory about the new ship, it being Robert April's true design of the final say in starship design, but it was shot down by more conservative groups who wanted to make ships smaller (ships in the past being larger) and more numerous (kinda like a Soviet Union kinda build more mentality). This ship, being twice is big, is actually twice the ship compared to the Prime Enterprise.
    I know, I know. That is seriously what EVERYONE has told me! The problem is that I don't know how! Blender is a very difficult program to learn and master!

The next one is actually putting in a drydock with shuttles and a launch sequence.

My biggest problem is my time and perfectionism. My computer takes forever to render (this one took about a month and a half) and ya know, I need my computer to work.

You sir are too kind! Thank you!

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I love it as it stands. Good in-system shots.

9. Kruezerman

Why thank you very much! I really wanted to give us some new camera angles and let the view flow better. What I really wanted to do is completely ditch the TMP angles and timing and create something essentially brand new.

Like I said though, I'm new at this, and this isn't even ten percent of my true vision of what I want. Over time I'll create something I really wanted, and I'll post another again!