Vote: STO Starbase Elite Security Officers Project

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by intrinsical, Sep 19, 2012.

?

Do you want to add elite security officers to our STO fleet starbase?

1. Yes, add elite security officers.

9.1%
  2. No, don't add elite security officers.

90.9%
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

The next Starbase decorative project is "High Security". Please vote if you think we should add elite security officers to our TrekBBS Fleet Starbase.

For myself, I'm voting no mostly because I rather concentrate on building Shipyard II.

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If our base was in danger of attack, there might be a reason. But since it seems our base cannot be invaded, all these security personnel would do is generate lag. I voted 'no.'

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I guess no, since they don't appear to DO anything. Just a waste of another 200k DIL. If someone wants to buy it, I guess, but I don't really wanna chip in too much more for vanity projects.

Honestly, the starbase thing in general has felt like (shocker) another half-baked idea that they've underused, but prioritized putting in ways to get us to PAY for things rather than have stuff to do. Can't really personalize it, can't do anything there, etc. Just a money sink. FIne with helping towards stuff that gets us a reward, but unless it's pretty special, don't want to donate DIL towards vanity projects when they could buy me actual stuff in the stores, or be cashed in for Z-points for ships, slots, etc.

4. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

I can see the appeal of having a nice "lair", but if fleet members are being asked to chip in not-inconsiderable amount of dilithium and other resources, I'd rather they go on things that we can get some use out of first... fleet ships and improved weapons/equipment.

That said, you always have the option of NOT contributing to a project that you don't like... problem is it still ties up an active slot and can't - as I understand it - currently be cancelled if it turns out to have been a bad idea.