Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, exploring those depths is better left to Robot Chicken... :D

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The first spy photo from the set of Iron Man 3? Or is it just RDJ just out and about in Wilmington, NC between takes?

[​IMG]

Can't make out an arc reactor under his shirt, unless that's all done in Post.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I doubt it's done in post. A good rule of thumb would be to ask if you can do something practically cheaper than you can with CGI in post. It'd be a lot easier and cheaper to simply put something under his shirt that glows than it would be to every single frame of film he's on and add in a glowing reactor that looks to be under his chest.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I've seen on-set photos before with what looks like the ARC under his shirt randomly, so it probably is a simple LED thing taped to his chest for scenes like that.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yet another villain added and yet another one who wears a powered armoured suit. Firepower/ Jack Taggart, who is to be played by Ashley Hamilton, son of George and a friend of RDJ in real life. Isn't the movie getting a bit cluttered with these guys?

In other news, Favreau, while not directing, looks likely to return as Happy Hogan.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55986

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Firepower?

Does that mean they'll do a variant of the Armor Wars storyline? Hard to pull off now that the world knows Tony is Iron Man.

7. Trekker4747

So is Iron Man's rogues gallery on filled with people in powered suits? I mean.... Certainly there's someone else we can see.

8. Captaindemotion

The link I posted above at AICN says that the movie is borrowing from the Extremis storyline.

9. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

a lot of them have either powered armour suits (Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Firepower, Sunturion, Ghost, Iron Monger) or used technology gimmicks (Whiplash, Melter, Stilt-Man, Blizzard), only a few, like Madam Masque didn't.

if your hero's a guy in a power suit, you need people to be a credible threat to him, so power suits proliferate.

10. Captain Craig

You kinda answer your own question. A variant.

The movie is only pulling parts in from Extremis, no reason it can't pull some from Armor Wars.

11. Trekker4747

If this ends with Tony having a suit infused into his bones or whatever I'll be pissed.

12. Captaindemotion

^ And an iron bullet fired into his brain?

13. Captain Craig

But if it makes us all get amnesia and forget the few minutes of depressed, drunk Tony performing karaoke it might be worth it...right? ;)

14. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I guess it's just me...I liked drunk Tony in the suit.

And the fact that the arc reactor was missing in several scenes in The Avengers makes me think they do it in post.

15. Captain Craig

William Sadler was reportedly spotted around or on the IM3 set in North Carolina it seems.

16. Trekker4747

Or it could be he simply didn't have the costume piece on at the time or it was just obscured by lighting/clothing. Again, I don't see why they'd do it in post when a physical device would be infinitely cheaper and easier to do.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

18. Trekker4747

No, just vaguely familiar with what happens in it. Doesn't the suit become something he can willfully activate and it like comes out of bones or something rather than being, well, a suit? I think that sort of diminishes the "every day man becoming a hero" thing.

19. Captaindemotion

Sadler rocks but it would have been more exciting if it was William Shatner!

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Since when is a Billionaire with a suit of power armor that he built powered by the equivalent of a mini nuclear reactor that is implanted in his chest an example of the "every day man becoming a hero"?