Jupiter Ascending trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

It's partly based on Snow White. The Matrix was influenced by various sources, but it wasn't a direct adaptation.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought The Matrix was a direct adaptation of a comic book called The Matrix?

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

No, there were comics based on the movies, but the movies aren't adapted from anything.

4. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Be sure to keep complaining about how genre films don't make any money while spouting that exact line all in the same breath. It doesn't make you a hypocrite at all!

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Uh...what?

6. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wasn't complaining Science fiction/fantasy films don't make any money (the ones I WANT to go see do from me); but I was just stating to BO of these films as from a business standpoint, after two big budget failures (and I was actually a fan of Speed Racer as a kid myself, but after seeing trailers and looking at the wachowski brothers bros. take on it, I wasn't interested in seeing the film; and 'Cloud Atlas' didn't appeal to me either, so I didn't go, and obviously neither did many others.)

I don't see any hypocrisy in stating facts, and that (for me) the wachowski brothers have made another big budget film I have little interest in seeing; based on the trailers.

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The trailers for Speed Racer didn't appeal to me either initially, but I liked the film a lot when I saw it.

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

When I did see it, I did like the whole 'Desert Race' sequence <-- It did capture a lot of the spirit of the original (and was long; about 30 minutes as I recall). IMO, the rest of the film, not so much.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's Wachowski Siblings or just Wachowskis now, Larry is now Lana.
    As for Speed Racer, the only reason I refuse to watch it is because they use a live chimp, and I'm really against the use of Apes in entertainment. If it weren't for that I probably would have seen somewhere along the line.
    I loved Cloud Atlas when I saw it on DVD, and really wished I had seen in theaters.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The release of Jupiter Ascending has been delayed to the 6th February 2015.

11. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

It's a shame it's been moved back, but it still looks like an impressive movie.

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd rather see JA than Lucy.. or pretty much any other film this summer (save X-Men, which was great).

Lucy looks so derivative