Mystery in Star Trek

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jonnyskywatcher, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jonnyskywatcher

jonnyskywatcher Commander Red Shirt

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but looking at J. J. Abram's previous work he tends to reuse the idea of the unexplained plot device. (the rabbit's foot in MI:III, the monster in Cloverfield, a ton of stuff on Lost).

So what mystery do you think will go unexplained in Star Trek if there is any? Will Kirk be trying to get an object of mysterious power that is never explained? Will there be more to Nero than meets the eye? Will the method of time travel never be that clear?

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

"Ensign MacGuffin, please report to sick bay! Strike that! Report to the bridge. Uhhhh... Engineering?"

3. Holytomato

Holytomato Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Chris Pine looking fiiiiiiiine as Kirk in gold and black velourrrrrrrrrr.

He speaks, "Bones, where's my toupee?"

What's his name looking craggy and crotchity (cod piece optional) as Bones McCoy in blue and black velourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Whomever speaks, "Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a-"

:whispers: "Chris, we don't meet the tribbles for another 11 years."

:normal speaking voice: "metal detector!!!! Spock! You green blooded son of a bitch! :inserted gratitious Christian Taliban bigotry here:"

Ol Zach, looking fiiiiiiiine as Spock in blue and black velourrrrrrrrrr. His eyebrows gracefully curve upwards. His ear points's capullaries pulse with green blood from his hot sweaty heart. His giant forked...

um...anyway he speaks.

"Really Doctor? Please try to be serious."

:right eyebrow raises:

4. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hopefully there will be a lot of mystery.

Even though this film is only related to TOS in basic terms, remember how TOS alien ships were always mysterious?

They didn't know if it was a weapon, a lifeform, or a ship a lot of times.

Every other Star Trek they immediately identify it.

"It appears to be Orion, but of a configuraton we've never seen." Etc.

I'm hoping "Star Trek" will be about UNKNOWNS.