Inner Light Sequel Comic "The Outer Light"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by 22 Stars, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

2. Ar-Pharazon

If anyone's still reading, chapter 8 is up.

I wish they'd just wrap it up already.

3. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm still reading. Thanks for the updates.

4. Ar-Pharazon

5. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why, just why?

The story makes zero sense.

6. Ar-Pharazon

It might make no more sense if they would get the chapters out faster, but I'm still of the opinion it's taking too long, especially for a slow developing story.

At least most monthly comics have a lot more pages per issue.

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

How do you do a sequel to one of the best written episodes of Trek? You can't.

I REFUSE to read this comic on principle. :p

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I think there could've potentially been a good sequel. There were elements that deserved further exploration, like how Picard was affected by this life-changing experience. We should've gotten an episode like "Family" exploring what it was like for him to readjust to being Picard again after 50 years as Kamin. Instead it was pretty much forgotten.

So while I don't think this sequel has been turning out particularly well, that doesn't mean a different sequel couldn't have been worthwhile.

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Most monthly comics aren't fully painted. It takes a real talent like Alex Ross, with a phenomenal ability and a professional's knowledge of how good comics are created to pull something like that off. This artist is good, but not that good. What he possesses in painting ability he lacks in character and set design, and he's hampered by the storyline. This story is dull. Not "slowly developed", just DULL.

10. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasn't great for the first 6 glacial episodes, but the last 3 with Romulans wanting to steal weapons from the Enterprise just :wtf:

11. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like how the characters faces look like different people in literally every panel. No consistency whatsoever.

(By "like", I mean I think it's a piece of shit.)

12. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

He's trying to disguise the fact that he can't draw the canon actors' likenesses. Every character's face is ill-defined from page to page so that the reader doesn't focus on the fact that Picard, Riker and LaForge don't look anything like what you'd recognize from the show.

Of course, that just means distracting from one problem by creating another...

13. Ar-Pharazon

14. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

This thing is continuing? DidnĀ“t know that. I guess reaction has been so bad that trek movie has stopped carrying it.

15. Ar-Pharazon

^ I think that happened around chapter 3 or 4. A couple of us found it at the new address.

I bump it just for the completists like myself. The story is too lackadaisical, to me, to be doing 4 pages every 5 weeks and still keep a decent interest level.

Not to mention the artwork. But if the story was more interesting, I could forgive bad artwork.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Final Chapter (11) is up.

Strange ending to a strange story.