DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The nice thing about the Joker is his drastically different portrayals make sense within the continuity since he's batshit insane :lol:

I really love how in No Man's Land he's pretty silly and goofy, then at the end he throws a baby at Gordon's wife, shoots her in the head, then walks out looking dead serious and says "I surrender".

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Given the glacial pace of Forever Evil, something tells me that one single issue is not going to be dealing with this other universal world ending threat that created red skies... :lol:

OMG! I just looked it up. FE #6 came out March 4th!!! And FE #7 is coming out May 21st, almost three months later! What the hell is taking so long?!

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

That would be very surprising, because I normally like David Finch but all of his art for FE has looked extremely rushed and shitty.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

As someone who was away from comics for almost 15 years before picking up the New 52 stuff, I have to say I am really enjoying Batman right now. Much more than during the whole Knightfall saga back in the 90s.

7. Admiral_Young

I've been wondering why Forever Evil #7 has been continually pushed back (it's been pushed back twice now) it's so ridiculous that I believe Forever Evil Aftermath: Bane Vs Batman is coming out before it now.

My two best guesses are that Finch is late with the art...or they are timing it with the start of Future's End. Otherwise, I've no clue.

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's because FE is 48 pages and Finch is slow as dirt.

One of the DC editors I think is saying those pages were unannounced except they were solicited back in December.

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I was wonderig why Justice League United was out before Forever Evil 7. I thought it was supposed to come after.

10. Admiral_Young

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There was also apparently an issue of Batgirl that spoils what happens to Dick in FE#7.

12. Admiral_Young

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

As well as many articles, interviews and solicitations.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well, it's official. Stephanie Brown didn't exist in the Bat continuity before this. She was never the Spoiler or Robin or Batgirl. But she was in Morrison's Batman Incorporated. My head hurts.

This invalidates a great swath of the Robin-Tim series from the 1990s/2000s. I guess this means War Games didn't happen either...

15. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's amazing that one could replace "Forever Evil" with nearly every DC comic Event mini-series and your post above would still make sense. Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc. Hell, you could even do it with Seven Soldiers of Victory.

16. Nerys Myk

Why should your head hurt? It's not that difficult to understand that not everything happened the same way as before or even at the start of the New 52. Why should today's books be beholding to the continuity from two decades ago?

17. Admiral_Young

It's also not surprising.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Didn't she appear in the post-Flashpoint New 52 Batman Incorporated issues? We can't pretend that Bat Inc didn't happen because Damien and Talia are dead, Ra'sh has an army of Man-Bat ninjas, Spyral exists, and there's an international army of Batmen...

19. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

No you can't. Blackest Night? Flashpoint?

20. Nerys Myk

The story doesn't fall apart because Steph isn't in it. It's not an all or nothing game.