Terminator-208 "Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Nov 10, 2008.

?

Grade Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today

1. I'll be back. (Excellent)

64.6%
  2. Come with me if you want to live. (Above Average)

30.8%
  3. Thank you for explaining. (Average)

4.6%
  4. Hasta la vista, Baby. (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You are Terminated. (FAILURE)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

That video was scary as hell if you think about them being used in a familiar urban environment.

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved this episode, though it the best one since the pilot.

PS: If John doesn't kiss Riley soon, there is something wrong with that boy! My god! I hate, HATE, *HATE* when they drag teen romances out. That's so unreal! My god!

3. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Excellent episode. Probably the best one yet in the series.

Will anyone else miss Cromartie or just me. He's been a great villain. Oh well, at least he was given a good death (termination, whatever...)

4. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

This show can be all over the place sometimes. I still like it, but it's messy. Didn't really get the gimmick of the broken up narrative. I don't know if it really added anything to it.

As for the shoot-out here, I wasn't that impressed. The song out of nowhere was unnecessary. Maybe if I had known what the lyrics were saying it would have helped (like with the Johnny Cash song over the season finale battle).

Hearing a gun battle from the point of view of a trapped Sarah was far more impressive and economically feasible given the show's budget. Otherwise, there wasn't much that they hadn't already spoiled in their commercials advancing this episode two weeks ago.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Wow! Awesome episode! I liked the imagery (Mexico, christian/chuch) and especially the RoboCop nod! Way to go, John!
    Please, tell me they got rid of Riley? Please?

6. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

above average
    I almost gave this ep an excellent, but killing off Cromartie stinks. I just feel like he got the shaft in this season. At least he had a good death.
    I liked the Pulp Fiction style storytelling. The story started a bit slow, but the second half more than made up for it.

7. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, they're both uneasy teens who have had bad childhoods and have trouble forming cohesive relationships. It makes sense, so they're basically getting comfortable with each other. It's better for them to wait and let the relationship develop rather than having them lock lips right away.

He is an excellent protagonist, but his time had come (perhaps?). He's in next week's promo. :vulcan:

8. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

This was probably one of the better episodes of the show. Mostly because there weren't time travelers brazenly coming back to serve as plot devices, no terminator of the week, no incredible illogic, etc. Basically, they focused on the action instead of the convoluted story lines that often come up, which is what Terminator should do.

9. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I think we will see at the beginning of the next Episode Cromarte re-booting and find out he has an auxillary brain in his torso and he will reboot and begin repairing himself. Maybe Cromarte was responsible for the death of the the one gal;s husband in the helicopter..... Maybe he will st5eal parts from other terminators...

10. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Random question: Who gave Cromartie his name? And has a character ever called him that before this episode? I can't seem to recall.

11. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Oh that's cool. My DVR cut off right as the episode ended. I didn't get to see next week's promos.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't that the name the terminator-posing-as-teacher said he was (who by the way was played by the tall goofy guy currently in The Mentalist)? And then somehow is head traveled through time with the Connors.

13. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does seem unreal to me, maybe because of the community where I grew up but if a boy got a girl in their mid teens to take a road trip to Mexico he would not be trying to make bubbles as his first act in a hotel room. It reminded me of Wesley Crusher playing tag you're it.

14. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

Looks like you're right! I'd completely forgotten. Thank you!

15. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Apparently, the actor who plays Cromartie (Garrett Dilahunt) mentioned in chat that Cameron used depleted uranium shells in her shotgun. Those would pack quite a bit of anti-armour punch, I suppose.

Excellent episode, one of the best of TSCC.

16. John Picard

Hell, I'm almost 40 and if I went on a trip with a woman I was just getting to know I'd still be a "gentleman". I met an Internet pen pal of mine face to face a couple of years ago and by the end of the night she wanted to get down and dirty with me, but I declined. Some of us have a tight moral compass and a sense of decency. :confused:

17. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Yep she did. Could be because she has an attachment to John, as the bed scene suggest she did in the future, but John's safety is also her primary mission (unless all programming has been erased by her glitches and she is entirely autonomous now) so if he's dead she may lose her purpose.

She also seemed to show emotions when she was killing Cromartie - unlike when she killed those 3 fellow last week. I think she doesn't like killing those of her own kind, even if their agenda and her agenda are diametrical opposites (unlike Athena on BSG).

18. John Picard

Something is up, because she never had a problem taking out any Terminators before.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Spoiler alert! Cromartie and Cameron were a couple in the future and had a terminator baby... who will grow up to become RoboCop!

20. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree a 40 year old will have more self control. Especially a 40 year old who is not the prime target of every terminator.and who may never get another chance