Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really a bit surprised by this. This is less and less a direct sequel to MOS, on paper it seems, and more....something else entirely. Worlds Finest featuring WW? Trinity?

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Personally I'm glad they're going for a cuter Lynda Carter-style WW for this. I've never really cared for the bulkier female wrestler-style WW who seemed to be completely lacking in any of the charm and personality that Carter brought to the role.

Plus it's just a lot more fun watching a normal looking girl kick ass than someone who looks like she does it for a living.

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That would instantly make the movie 100 times more awesome :rommie:

I have a season of Lynda carter's WW (the third season). While watching almost any episode, if you see WW for more than 2 minutes combined, you're extremely lucky, and Lynda Carter is never the main character. It's always either Steve Trevor, or a "man of the week" who appears for one episode and does almost everything story and action related before leaving and never being seen again. Funnily enough, I could see the movie going like that. she shows up, has a cameo punches something, and then just kind of leaves. She really needs her own movie, preferably one where she gets to be the main character.

As for her appearance, Lynda Carter isn't a very good WW, but she's still better than this person from a strictly physical perspective. At least Carter never looked like she was about to blow over in a breeze, some of those Galdot pics make her look like someone about to die of starvation :cardie:

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Better than if it were "Gal Godot." Then you'd sit through the whole movie and she'd never show up!

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

No comment really on what I think of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. That's going to depend entirely on what I see on screen.

I'm glad they appear to be going forward into JL territory. With live Young Justice apparently coming, I have to wonder whether the characters from both that and Arrow will be set in the same universe as this film. So far, there's been no character who appears in one who's cast differently in any other, and (edit - presumably except for Speedy) the roster of main characters in the YJ cartoon doesn't overlap with either Arrow so far or what we know of SuperBats.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

They look set to have a different Flash in the movie, so I don't think there's any overlap.

7. CorporalCaptain

Wait what who? The Flash has been cast for this film?

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

She looks like she'll fit the part well enough. I'm not overly excited but I'm not displeased either.

Agreed. Not good.

I hope so.

I saw all the films a few months ago and my memory of her is pretty vague too.

Last I heard, she was 5'11. It varies from era to era it seems.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought it said "Gul Dukat".

9. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

She's 2" taller than Tom Cruise and you notice how people don't seem to tower over him in films? ;)

Plus these are people with Super-strength completely unconnected with the size of their muscles...

10. CaptainCanada

No, there hasn't been casting news yet, but he's going to be in it.

11. CorporalCaptain

Sorry, I didn't mean to use the word overlap. What I meant was same character but cast differently. I think "conflict" is the better word, so I'm editing my post.

12. CaptainCanada

That's what I meant. The Flash is going to be in Arrow, played by Grant Gustin (soon to get his own spinoff, per the plan). The film version will be different.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw Lynda Carter on L&O:SVU a few years ago. And you know what? I think she could still play WW today, if asked.

14. CorporalCaptain

How do we know, yet? That was the whole point of what I was trying to say: there's been no casting conflict so far.

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I believe that's just a rumor. It's never been officially confirmed.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I thought the Flash was getting his own movie. I didn't know he was going to be in this.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It's just a rumor at this point.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I bet the Flash won't be in the movie. WB tells the TV division who they can and can't use. I would think if there were immediate plans to put The Flash into a movie, they wouldn't be going forward with the TV show. I think they are conscious of audience confusion. (whether that's a concern they should be concerned about is a debate.)

The situation with the X-men movies and the Avengers using Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch is a different one--selling rights to characters. While WB keeps it all in house for the most part.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's on AMC Movie Talk
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRElOKIcV0[/yt]

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really don't have a problem with the casting. Sure she's thin right now, but it's not like actors have never changed their body for a role. I'm not familiar with her work, but based on her looks I could see her being a good WW. I do plan on checking out the FF movies sometime in the near future so I'll possibly have more of an opinion on her after that.