THE CAPE(NBC) *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Since NBC has limited THE CAPE to just 10 eps...there is no point to do a weekly thread with voting.

But we can keep talking about it and stuff here.

THE CAPE is New tonight! 9PM on NBC.

The Cape Episode #6 “Goggles and Hicks” Official Description
    http://www.capesite.net/the-cape-episode-6-goggles-and-hicks-official-description/

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tiJkV3iXak[/yt]
    THE CAPE EP. 1.06 "GOGGLES AND HICKS PROMO"

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Great ep.
    Very interesting...this show keeps getting better too bad NBC is pulling the plug. :(
    Dana, Raia & Orwell are all lovely ladies. :drool:
    Orwell opening up about her father was nice...too bad Fleming isn't. :lol:

I just hate they had another dopey kid in this ep.

Next week looks great too. :bolian:

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

They established that Fleming isn't her father? Or did you mean something else?

Still an hour forty till it airs here in Cali, don't worry about spoilers on my account, I might watch anyway based on whether there are worthwhile things in it.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I meant that Fleming isn't nice...sorry. :lol:

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh okay. :D If those two ever have a scene together, I might watch the episode. They better hurry...

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cousin Oliver lives!

This show has to have the most laid-back hero/villain dynamic since Reeves Superman. When the villains fail to kill The Cape, Fleming is just like oh well, you're fired, see ya.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
  8. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed this ep. I really liked Goggles and Hick, it's good that there's been different types of villains. It makes it more interesting if the rogues gallery is full of people with different skills.

Sometimes child actors can be really annoying but I didn't mind Trip and Jerry too much. If they're used in small doses it should be okay, and it's quite sweet that Trip has a friend.

The show doesn't take itself too seriously and I'm enjoying the campy elements. When I first heard of the show I expected it to be all gritty, but I'm glad it's bucking that trend.

Shame there's only four episodes left. If it does get cancelled it would be nice to get a graphic novel to wrap things up. Having an actual Cape comic would be quite cool.

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Question is, will the last four be shown..the low rating make it tough to say. This series would actually fit better on the syfy channel as the expectations in ratings are less.

10. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night's episode didn't hold my attention. Didn't care about Hicks and Goggles. Didn't find them threatening and I didn't much attention to the rest.

11. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

This last episode (the hicks one) was great, probably the best one yet. Such an bizarre and entertaining show at its best, like in this episode.

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

last nights episode was kinda interesting. Suprised the cops did not pull off the capes mask right when they cought him..thats super hero fantasy for you.

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yeah I was thinking that. Just one of those things you have to accept I guess.

Very interesting though. The Lich seems like he'll be a pretty intriguing villain.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

He's not a billionth as interesting as the character the same guy played on Dirty Sexy Money. Now THAT was interesting supervillainry.

10 episodes you say?

How could "they" not know the show sucked?

15. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Lich episode really got interesting in the last 5-10 minutes for me. I do agree that Lich might wind up being an intriguing villain. I also was curious about why the cops just didn't unmask Cape when he was captured. Or why his friend can't recognize that its Vince under the mask. Vince isn't even trying to disguise his voice and I'm sure his profile might at least have his friend wondering.

16. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It's the show's own fault for starting off as awfully as it did. Even after hearing that it's gotten better, I have absolutely no desire to give this show a chance because of just how awful that initial experience was. And I really enjoy the superhero genre to boot.

Regardless, no need to blame NBC for everything. Sometimes shows ruin themselves.

17. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I think my favorite conceit of the show is each act having a title, as if it were an individual issue and each episode was a comic book story arc.

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Did anyone watch this last night? Kinda a meh for me. The reveal of Orwell's dad being Fleming was a bit of a let down as was most of the dream stuff. The Litch with his 'I feel no Pain' but he still a regular dude who can be knocked out.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Perhaps. I don't watch NBC except for The Cape and I might watch Wonder Woman if it gets picked up.

I liked Part 1 better than Part 2...over all this really slowed the momentum of the series. The reveal was lacking a bit. Since this show is a goner...I am ready for it to be over. :(

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Monday, February 28th 9/8c

Episode 9 “Razer” Official Description
    I was reading that even though THE CAPE has 10 eps...this 9th one might be it. The Event returns the 7th and the 10th ep is unscheduled.
    http://www.capesite.net/is-episode-9-time-to-hang-up-the-cape/

:(