STO Trek BBS Fleet

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by aelius, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

hopefully it will be easy to use if it comes about

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I'd be willing to help with STFs normally, but it's just too early for me most of the time. Know you're dealing with European time zones and trying to make it work, but 5pm EST is usually too early for me.

Maybe I'll try and set up a later STF run for a weeknight that's a little later on (7pm-ish) in the next week or so. I'd like to do the Infected mission again, as I want some of the borg-specific loot (not the ship mods, but things like a gun or kit)...

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

You're most certainly welcome to do so... I could use someone who regularly handles this stuff for US friendly times during the week. There is just no way I can handle 7pm+ EST hours regularly even when I have the next day off.

4. Timelord Victorious

You don't need the phonetic thing at all.... and usually you get all the important log in information from your vent host.
    Unless you want to run a vent server yourself, then it gets complicated.
    I read abit about that when I was starting up the fleet organization again.
    You basically need a full time server for that. There are servers you can rent, which is expensive, if you want to run one part time you can set up your own computer as the server but should be aware of the bandwidth demand it needs and you need your own domain to run the server with.

So for now better stick with steam or just let professional guilds be your host if you run with them for a mission.

5. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What Borg gear is missing? I was able to get the shields, impulse engine, deflector dish, BO, and had the Borg device.

On another note, can anyone confirm that DS9 FA is available for VA's? If so, then I'm in on Sunday depending on what time it is.

6. Timelord Victorious

Well you are not missing anything, but some players havent done the STFs yet ;)

of course thats no reason not to repeat the mission, as it's a good team experience and you get Marks of Valor for it and the chance for some purple drops. ;)

7. Timelord Victorious

Of course I can report another successful Infected run, only this time under more diffult circumstances. We were a man short and did it with four. We also suffered from a nasty bug where the transwarp gate didn't close after the tactical cube arrived. Means as soon as we destroyed any other ship it respawned right away and had to take out the tac under constant fire from a whole borg armada. After we finally managed that, outnumbered as we we were, we faced an untargetable sphere that got stuck in the gate structure. Somehow we managed to get it unstack enough to target it again, luckily.
    Ground part was going relatively smoothly, except we got more Protodrone beam-ins than usual.
    All in all mission took about 3 hours thanks to the unexpected difficulties.
    Next up: The Cure. Hopefully with a full team again.

8. Timelord Victorious

I'm not sure how to add a poll and if it is even possible in an already existing thread I didn't open.
    But instead of deciding the next fleet event by myself I'm gonna ask you what we should do together.

Some suggestions (but feel free to add and discuss):

*Another STF run (Infected - The Cure - Khitomer Accord)

*Fleet Action Ground

*Fleet Action Space

*Daily Missions

*PvP

*Random Flash Mob

*Featured Episode Run (Breen - Devidians - Cloaked Intentions)

Add another star to the ideas you like.

9. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

**Another STF run (Infected - The Cure - Khitomer Accord)

*Fleet Action Ground

*Fleet Action Space

**Daily Missions

*PvP

*Random Flash Mob

**Featured Episode Run (Breen - Devidians - Cloaked Intentions)

As much as I enjoy PvP, given the current circumstances and the possibility of running into a trained premade (which is hardly ever fun), I can't really recommend it. An internal fleet PvP match would be good though.

STF wise I'm up for "The Cure", as Kolam is still collecting the Borg set. However, I doubt we'll be able to get a team together for that at such short notice. I'd also be up for doing Infected again, this time with my sci Delelle.

Featured episode run would be nice and fun, also useful for those who haven't done it yet. Non-VA's could claw up some levels with that.

Personally I'd like a balance between space and ground (okay, more space but that's how I am).

10. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

***Another STF run (Infected - The Cure - Khitomer Accord)

*Fleet Action Ground

**Fleet Action Space

**Daily Missions

*PvP

*Random Flash Mob

***Featured Episode Run (Breen - Devidians - Cloaked Intentions)

I would quite like a Cloaked Intentions run, as it would mean I can get the other accolades. Or a Devidian run for the fun of it. And obviously, STFs would be good.

11. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

****Another STF run (Infected - The Cure - Khitomer Accord)

*Fleet Action Ground

***Fleet Action Space

***Daily Missions

*PvP

*Random Flash Mob

***Featured Episode Run (Breen - Devidians - Cloaked Intentions)

I'd like to do The Cure and Khitomer as Lex has yet to get the Borg rewards from these. I think a Space Fleet action or Daily Missions would be good too. However, I'm unfortunately away next weekend.

12. Timelord Victorious

I'm not sure who is managing the TrekBBS House, but I got a new klingon character who needs a fleet invite:
    Pi of 3@Timelord_Victorious

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

can I join up? Russ@backstept :techman:

14. Timelord Victorious

Invitation sent.

15. Timelord Victorious

Khitomer Accord run startin in half an hour.

16. Trek

Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Rubbish - didn't see this until 9pm. :(

17. Timelord Victorious

We didn't finish yet anyway...
    We lost Verrona and Jarret when we were storming the base.
    We have to finish this another time.

18. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

sorry about last night my router decieded it wasn't going to play ball and it packed up on me. managed to swap it out for a spare one now. :(

19. Timelord Victorious

Never mind. That stuff happens. And it isnt a total loss, since we can bypass the battle for the spatial rift next time. But we have to start over with the base storming of course.

20. Timelord Victorious

We've been offered an official Alliance with the Grand Imperial Fleet (in which I have 2 alts, one one each faction). So some ties are already there.
    Some of them have already run the odd mission with us and vice versa.

Now what would an official alliance mean for us.

It basically means they will shoot you last if you encounter them in a PvP match ;)

Kidding aside, this might very well happen, but mostly it would mean an official channel to buff up STF teams short of a team member or two.
    Access to a shared chat channel you can participate in.
    Also access to their Vent voice chat, which is more reliable and easier to set up then Steam chat. (The reason we don't have one, is that it costs money.)

So lots of benefits for us. Of course it will be appreciated if we help them out on occasion. They are a lot bigger then we are though and have a bigger pool of players to draw from.

Since I won't decide this I'm putting it up to a vote.

Please share your thoughts and tell me if this is to something you'd like or if you rather stay by ourselves.

Of course this doesn't mean you have to have an alt in their fleet (I just do, because my KDF alt needed a fleet at some point and it sort of happened).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.