Star Wars Episode 7 - 2015

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Oct 30, 2012.

1. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

No to what? Were you using "Stargate SG1" as a verb?

2. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Oh God, I keep forgetting that Internet memes such as "do you even lift" aren't universally known... I apologize.

Saying that Okona was cooler than Daniel Jackson made me think he never saw SG1, there.

3. The Mirrorball Man

Some of us are old.

4. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Old enough to remember the old slogan from Yahoo?

[​IMG]

:D

5. The Mirrorball Man

No, I'm afraid I don't pay any attention to advertisements of any kind.

6. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

So I guess now Leia is a Disney Princess.

7. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Do you English?

Do you joke done to death?

8. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There have been a lot of jokes about that (and inevitable youtube pandering), but I don't think Disney has actually confirmed that they're going to start marketing Leia stuff as part of their princess lineup.

Would be surprised if it did happen, the Princesses tend to be the heroines of their movies to a level Leia isn't.
    I've seen SG-1 and I had no idea who that was. Without his glasses Jackson could be anybody.

9. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

No. I Hurricane Done To Death.

As with my neighbors furniture, I'm still not up to speed on all the jokes floating around out there.

10. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I watched i think S1 then i got bored by it.

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I've seen the joke done around here a few times. Heard it in some recent podcasts and read it on a few movie websites.

12. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*facepalm*

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

14. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

I was just going to post that info. Hamill and Fisher too...

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...arrison-ford-willing-to-reprise-han-solo-role

Between the 3 of them- big directors more than likely wanting to be a part of this, and Disney commiting to the purchase, I really bet it would follow the storyline about 25 years after RotJ, the rise of the new Jedi Order, New Republic, their kids- a fall to the Dark Side...

So exciting!!! I bet we get a mix of the old characters for the old fans, and new heros to take their place for all fans!

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Probably more like the drunk husband of an Elder stateswoman. :p

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

TBH, I would have dropped that show long before Season 3, if my nerd friends hadn't told me how good it eventually gets... And even when it gets good, it's still full of fillers that almost make it not worth it. ALMOST.

18. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I'll say it: I don't want Han Solo. Luke, yes. I can see him as an Obi Wan character... but characters like Solo... they aren't meant to grow old. They are meant to burn out, to die tragically, to... well... not grow old. I would rather have the Solo from the OT than what they come up with.

UNLESS, it's something like he and Leia have divorced and he's some crank on a planet living in the hulk of the Falcon.

I just...don't TRUST that they won't come up with something interesting, they will try and make Solo what he was in Jedi--which wasn't great--and it will look and feel odd.

Better to NOT have something and wish I did, than get it and really wish it had never happened.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They should throw a curve and make Han a crazy hermit living in the desert. We see this character in a hood and robe and go in for the reveal. The hood drops and it's Han Solo??????!!!!! ;)

20. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Harrison Ford is the obvious one of the original actors to return, a la Leonard Nimoy, to pass the torch to the younger actors who are going to be playing the brand-name characters.

Ford is a bankable name. Hamill and Fischer aren't. Being bankable compensates for the wrinkles.

I can see them going with a scenario like, Ford as Old Han, reminiscing on his deathbed about the terrible and dramatic events in the long ago past...as a framing device to stories of the younger (recast) characters...

Then you get maximum value of all the brand names: Star Wars, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Harrison Ford (who is the only actor who is also a brand and therefore valuable to Disney). And you don't scare away the young audience by making them look at a bunch of codgers for two hours.

So we know from the start that, whatever happens, Han doesn't die. That's okay if he's the only one whose fate is known. Maybe everyone else croaks in the course of the three movies, or go dark side or whatever.