The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Future Foundation Spider-Man is the best looking variant out of the two options available. I like the Big Time Spider-Man Green Suit on paper, but as a figure it kind of is disappointing. I've also seen bad reviews of the figure on youtube.

I am hoping that next year we get a Humberto Ramos Spider-Man figure. I've become a huge fan of his art since he took over on Big Time. He deserves a figure depicting his art.

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Movie Masters Ra's Al Ghul is up on Amazon! GO! GO NOW!

I have my doubts that he will ever actually show at big box stores. Mattel has said that they have already ceased production on him and the other Movie Masters

EDIT: And he's gone!

I'm glad I managed to grab mine. I am now done with the Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters. Feels good. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. Admiral_Young

I thought Mattel stated we would get future waves of movie masters, beyond what was already announced. I am holding out hope for a Miranda Tate figure.

4. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i haven't even seen a FF Spidey yet, still looking for that. from Wave 3 i'll get Dani Moonstar. maybe Iron Man. maybe the classic Deadpool variant if i can find it.

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    STAR WARS Celebration VI kicks off tomorrow down in Orlando! There's the possibility of some surprises regarding upcoming toys and collectibles so stay tuned to the collecting sites for updates and details!

Comic-Con left everyone with the impression that there'd be no more surprise product announcements for the remainder of the year, but with Celebration you just never know what the folks at the event will have up their sleeve! :)

6. Admiral_Young

Celebration V was awesome for announcements...I've been looking forward to VI.

7. cooleddie74

It starts tomorrow! Can't wait for the first Tweets and other updates from the floor...as I said earlier there aren't any expectations of surprise product announcements but with Celebration you never know if Hasbro, Gentle Giant or one of the other bigwigs in the SW collectible business are going to treat the fans and collectors to something really awesome.

A figure we hadn't heard about yet? Previously unannounced Christmas season product? Exciting news about the Cartoon Network CLONE WARS series and/or the 3-D releases of the next films in the Saga (there've been occasional rumors that Lucas and 20th Century Fox might move up and accelerate the schedule of the 3-D theatrical releases from once a year to one film every six months or so, but at best that's been a rumor)? Can't wait! And even if there aren't any really special product announcements the pictures and stories from the floor of Celebration will no doubt be lots of fun!

8. Admiral_Young

Do I dare hope for Jania? :)

9. cooleddie74

Well, there is this that's already been announced. It's a very cute and unique take on Jaina, although if you ask me this version of her looks a lot more like Chris Jansing from MSNBC than other artistic and plastic interpretations of the character. :)

10. OdoWanKenobi

I'm due for some major collecting karmic reckoning soon. My luck has been way too good lately. I found Darth Malgus at Target today. Oh man. For the first time in a while, I really can't complain about my collecting luck.

11. cooleddie74

Malgus?!?

Even I haven't been able to find Darth Malgus at mass retail! I had to resort to my buddy's toy shop for my copies of him!

:beer:

The Force is strong with you! Congrats!

12. OdoWanKenobi

When I get home, I'll take a pic to prove it.

By the way, Km, there's people reporting that they got on Sideshow's Hawkeye wait list only a few days ago, and have already had theirs convert to orders. If you're serious about getting the Hot Toys Hawkeye, get on that waitlist. You have an excellent chance of getting one.

13. Admiral_Young

That's an...interesting...depiction of Jaina to say the least. It's definitely cute, not really what I'm looking for though lol. 6000 yen...what's that in dollars?

14. OdoWanKenobi

The Bishoujo statues typically run about 50-60 bucks, I think. They're cute but not everyone's cup of tea.

15. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll only order if they have a payment plan. Can't afford it all at once...

16. cooleddie74

They're not mine. I think the new Jaina is very adorable but just doesn't feel like Star Wars. Even if I collected these particular statues I'd skip her because she looks more like a character from anime completely unrelated to the Lucas universe and if I have to remind myself it's from SW then that sort of defeats a large part of the purpose.

17. Kira's Mom

Fastest service I've ever gotten from an ebay seller- my mini Black Widow arrived today. I only ordered her two days ago!

[​IMG]

Awww. She's so cute. She'll be joined by mini Hawkeye by Saturday!

18. cooleddie74

She's adorable! :) Congrats on receiving her in one piece. What's her scale? Is she just a few inches tall?

19. Kira's Mom

One inch, not counting the stand. She's tiny! And she arrived not only in one piece, but still in its plastic bag, unopened.

20. cooleddie74

She's very cool. With eBay you never know if you're going to get a toy or collectible in one piece. I've had a handful of carded, packaged Star Wars figures sent to me in those fragile manila shipping pouches and they arrived mashed.

Since then I leave notes with the seller to make sure they put my purchases in a sturdy box of some sort with added padding on the inside. It never hurts to let the seller know your preferences. Most of them seem to honor them.